“"An Enjoyable Stay"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Douglasville
Boise
“"An Enjoyable Stay"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here using our Hilton Honors Points for a free night's stay while attending a Boise State-Georgia football game in Atlanta, about a 20 minute drive from the hotel. We were very happy with our choice. We found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. The front desk even checked with us about a half hour after our check in to ensure everything was satisfactory with our room. We found the lobby to be bright and cheery along with the breakfast room. Our room was spacious with a very comfortable king size bed and an AC unit that was very quiet not interfering with our sleep. The room was also clean. The continental breakfast offered a myriad of choices which appealed to health conscious eaters like ourselves. There's also a number of eateries close to the hotel, a Starbucks, service stations, etc. near the hotel. It's very convenient to Interstate 20 just off the freeway. As mentioned in an earlier review, the parking lot is somewhat small and quite narrow which didn't affect us much as we had a small rental car. Based on our satisfaction with our one-night stay here, we'd definitely consider staying here again if in the area. We much prefer to stay near a large city rather than downtown which this hotel offered.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel at least 25 times because I travel that way a lot for work. The rooms are always clean and the free breakfast is great. They always have warm cookies in the evening. The only complaint is parking. The lot is small and narrow.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

The staff here was so nice and accommodating. We went with kids and they loved the breakfast. Really felt like we were staying amongst friends.

• Stayed August 2010
Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

Great is just about the only word to describe this hotel. I'm not a huge fan of chain hotels as I have been spoiled a lot lately with cute bed and breafasts, but I really enjoyed the interior and decorations at this hotel. The bed was comfy, it was clean, the breakfast was large for a continental breafast, and the staff was most helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
henry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

breakfast that included hot food. I will for sure stay here again . everyone was so happy to help out with everyhing you needed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Helena, Mt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed two nights at the hotel while visiting Atlanta. Hotel is snugged between freeway and another road. Noise was not a problem. Room was clean, with comfortable king and sofa bed. No frig or microwave in room. Some wallpaper was peeling off in bathroom. Breakfast staff worked very hard to keep everything stocked and were very friendly. Desk staff also friendly. Ok Hampton quality. Used the fitness room once, but ventilation was poor. Windows had lots of condensation, so couldn't see well out of them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I chose this hotel for location and lower points I had to use from Hilton Honours reward program. This hotel is located by the highway and 15 minutes to Atlanta. As this was lowest class hotel from hiilton honours, I didn't expet much but believed it would at least have clean room like other Hampton Inn. but..ah...

The lobby appeared fine except for some odd folks around the front door. The staff were friendly and the first floor appears okay even thought everything looks kinda old. However, when I got on elevator, I had to smell cigarettes. When I got on the floor for my room, the aisle was hot and filled with odd smells. I started having itches on my skins at the same time. The room was like any other cheap motel except that sheet was clean and bed seems good. However, the bathroom and shower was not very clean. I don't know how I took a shower in it. I didn't want to touch the sink either. The shampoo and other stuff they provided was one of the cheapest one I can find in other cheap cheap motels.

When I was downstairs at night in the lobby, I saw some hookers around and some actually came in with their customer to get cups, folks and other stuff from the lobby for their drink.

Would I want to go back with my family?. No. My family need to be treated better.
Would I want to stay their just for myself?...probably since it's cheap and location is great ( not because of the the hookers..! and sheet was at least clean).

Overall, I learend why this hotel was category 1 in hilton honours reward program. ( catetgory is lowest and I have never seen one except for this one).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Douglasville? Share your experiences!