“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Douglasville. The hotel is located conveniently off of I-20 and within walking distance to a few restaurants and shopping centers. The hotel staff was helpful and welcoming. Our room was clean and comfortable. The rooms appeared to be updated, but the hallways and exterior appeared to be a bit more dated. The hotel was pretty much at capacity with a few travel baseball teams also staying at the location, but the staff did a nice job of keeping everyone moving and were prepared for the rush (breakfast, check-in, etc.). Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear BlakeD657,

We thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay even though we were having a busy weekend. I would like to mention that we will be in the process of having all of the hallway carpets replaced soon. Thank you again for the kind words regarding our staff and property. We would love for you to come and stay with us again when in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I wanted to write this review to recognize the staff at the Holiday Inn in Douglasville for the exceptional job they did for me a few days ago. The level of service that they demonstrated to me was such that after promising them I would do this review, I came back to the hotel several days later to keep my promise. I was at the business center with three foreign exchange students from Mexico who, prior to our departure wanted to use the computer. The front desk employee, a very professional, polite and humble young lady was gracious enough to direct us promptly to the right computer and let the four of us "bumble" through our task for quite some time. She was very patient and demonstrated nothing but a willingness to help us and gratitude for our visit. She was also accompanied by an equally polite and professional young man named Omar. He, like his colleague made us feel very welcome and appreciated in his hotel. He was very helpful and even offered his personal time and energy to assist my companions with the website that was geared towards an American tourist. Congratulations Holiday Inn for employing these two outstanding individuals and seeing the self worth in both of them. They are the reason why I will continue to visit this hotel in the future and give them my loyalty. They demonstrate the character traits that show me why you are a successful corporation. They made me and my companions feel appreciated and special. Even throughout the lengthy time that me tied up the computer in the lobby. LOL.

Room Tip: See Omar or his colleague while checking in. They will ensure that your stay is a good one.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Drewclynch,

Thank you taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that our front desk staff went above and beyond to ensure that you and your students were taking care of. We appreciate all of the kind words that you have expressed regarding our staff and I will make sure that Leo and the other staff members are aware of compliments that you have given them. We strive to ensure that we give each of our guest world class customer service. We thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I was concerned about renovations going on and location. This hotel is in a great location-close to restaurants and stores. We stayed in a king suite. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable also. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge. I felt that I was in a safe area. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Tedison2,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to know that you had a great stay with us and hope that you will come and stay with us again when in the area.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Currently undergoing renovations, but overall the stay was great.

Staff was great, friendly, and very helpful.

Room was very nice

Breakfast quality was awesome.

What you expect from HI. We'll stay here again when we travel through Georgia

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Michael,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide you and your family with a great experience. We would love for you to come and stay with us again when in the area.
Wendover, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were visiting family in the area and had a huge choice of cheaper hotels to choose from. Eventually, we selected this one. We stayed for 9 nights.

On entering the hotel, the entrance lobby was clean and tidy. My only critique is this is also the breakfast area for the hotel.

Overall the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Room cleanliness was superb. My wife actually said it is the cleanest she's ever stayed in - relevant to similar hotels.

Location is close to local amenities and small shopping area - Walmart etc - as well as easy access to the I20.

Despite signs stating the hotel was undergoing refurbishment, we saw and heard no sign of this.

This hotel provided complimentary breakfast way above others we've stayed in. There were cheese omelettes, biscuits (scones), bacon, boiled eggs, grits and Turkey burgers. Choice of fruit, cereals, juices, tea, coffee and milk. Don't forget the yogurts and of course - THE PANCAKE machine!! SUPERB!

WIFI is included but like most hotels this can be a bit hit n miss in the rooms themselves but great in the lobby. They provide a computer with internet access and a printer in the lobby. Perfect to research the area etc and for printing off Boarding passes etc.

Other than my one small critique above, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Mr. Wellington,,

We thank you for taking the time t write this review. We are so excited to hear that you have such a wonderfule stay. We are pleased to know that our staff provided great customer service, that our breakfast bar met your expectations and that you were able to enjoy some of our local shopping. We also appreciate the feedback regarding our lobby and breakfast area. If you are ever in the area again, we would love for you to come and stay with us again.
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've chosen to stay at this hotel for several years when visiting family in the area because the staff is typically warm and friendly. I was relieved they were remodeling the old rooms. The quality of the work is poor with sloppy painting and cheap finishes. Forget sleeping in because there are workers banging on the walls and floors upstairs. It's still a very basic hotel with a poor quality remodel.
I had a concern with General Manager Dean Wang and posted those in the HI post stay survey. To my surprise the "sorry about your luck" response came from the assistant manager who is supervised by the manager I had the problem with! Holiday Inn Douglasville GM delivered poor customer service to a once loyal rewards member.

Room Tip: Select another hotel, fortunately there are lots of hotels in the area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Nena D,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I appreciate your kind comments on our hotel staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that the quality of our refurbishment did not live up to your par. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced with the hotel management. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves in. Your comments has been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
talihina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Spent 3 nights here and slept like a baby. Soft beds and comforters. Nice water pressure in shower. Hotel is conveniently located next to Walmart and nice supper restaurants and 2 places for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear 182P,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you were able to have quality rest during your stay. I would agree that we have a location that is quite convenient to all of our area restaurants and shopping mall. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and hope that you will come back when in the area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville? Share your experiences!