“Only stayed one night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Louisiana
“Only stayed one night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I was concerned about renovations going on and location. This hotel is in a great location-close to restaurants and stores. We stayed in a king suite. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable also. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge. I felt that I was in a safe area. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Tedison2,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to know that you had a great stay with us and hope that you will come and stay with us again when in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Currently undergoing renovations, but overall the stay was great.

Staff was great, friendly, and very helpful.

Room was very nice

Breakfast quality was awesome.

What you expect from HI. We'll stay here again when we travel through Georgia

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Michael,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide you and your family with a great experience. We would love for you to come and stay with us again when in the area.
Wendover, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were visiting family in the area and had a huge choice of cheaper hotels to choose from. Eventually, we selected this one. We stayed for 9 nights.

On entering the hotel, the entrance lobby was clean and tidy. My only critique is this is also the breakfast area for the hotel.

Overall the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Room cleanliness was superb. My wife actually said it is the cleanest she's ever stayed in - relevant to similar hotels.

Location is close to local amenities and small shopping area - Walmart etc - as well as easy access to the I20.

Despite signs stating the hotel was undergoing refurbishment, we saw and heard no sign of this.

This hotel provided complimentary breakfast way above others we've stayed in. There were cheese omelettes, biscuits (scones), bacon, boiled eggs, grits and Turkey burgers. Choice of fruit, cereals, juices, tea, coffee and milk. Don't forget the yogurts and of course - THE PANCAKE machine!! SUPERB!

WIFI is included but like most hotels this can be a bit hit n miss in the rooms themselves but great in the lobby. They provide a computer with internet access and a printer in the lobby. Perfect to research the area etc and for printing off Boarding passes etc.

Other than my one small critique above, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Mr. Wellington,,

We thank you for taking the time t write this review. We are so excited to hear that you have such a wonderfule stay. We are pleased to know that our staff provided great customer service, that our breakfast bar met your expectations and that you were able to enjoy some of our local shopping. We also appreciate the feedback regarding our lobby and breakfast area. If you are ever in the area again, we would love for you to come and stay with us again.
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've chosen to stay at this hotel for several years when visiting family in the area because the staff is typically warm and friendly. I was relieved they were remodeling the old rooms. The quality of the work is poor with sloppy painting and cheap finishes. Forget sleeping in because there are workers banging on the walls and floors upstairs. It's still a very basic hotel with a poor quality remodel.
I had a concern with General Manager Dean Wang and posted those in the HI post stay survey. To my surprise the "sorry about your luck" response came from the assistant manager who is supervised by the manager I had the problem with! Holiday Inn Douglasville GM delivered poor customer service to a once loyal rewards member.

Room Tip: Select another hotel, fortunately there are lots of hotels in the area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Nena D,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I appreciate your kind comments on our hotel staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that the quality of our refurbishment did not live up to your par. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced with the hotel management. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves in. Your comments has been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
talihina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Spent 3 nights here and slept like a baby. Soft beds and comforters. Nice water pressure in shower. Hotel is conveniently located next to Walmart and nice supper restaurants and 2 places for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear 182P,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you were able to have quality rest during your stay. I would agree that we have a location that is quite convenient to all of our area restaurants and shopping mall. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and hope that you will come back when in the area.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed here in November when I had to travel back to Georgia to attend a funeral. I typically stay in Midtown Atlanta, but I needed to stick closer to family this time around. I booked last minute, but found a great rate and this hotel was rated well on TripAdvisor and was the only hotel where I could find a non-smoking room (which is EXTREMELY important to me).

We had originally booked 2 nights and had anticipated leaving early on Sunday, but best laid plans love to go awry. We tore the oil pan off our car on Saturday night and ended up stranded in Douglasville. The staff was extremely helpful considering the extremely stressful situation of a funeral and now a broken car with no way to return home. They helped us extend our stay at a decent rate for a third night and let us keep our car there on a fourth night while we stayed with family in Atlanta and waited for a tow truck to pick it up on what ended up being our last day in town.

Hopefully, we'll never need to return to Douglasville, but if we do, we will book here without even thinking twice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Daniel L,

Thank you for writting such a kind review.We would first like to thank you for rating our property 5 stars! We appreciate that even through unfortunate cirmcumstances, we were able to provide you and your family with proper accomodations as well as great customer service. We try to be of help to all of our guest that stay with us and are glad that we were able to go the extra mile for you. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Batavia, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Each time I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, I found the employees welcoming, friendly and customer service focused. The rooms are clean, the TVs work, and the wifi internet access functions quickly. I would like it if they had a hot tub, but for the price you cannot beat this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Steve S,

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are excited to know that your stay with us was a great one! I am glad that our staff continues to show valued customer service during your time with us. We appreciate the loyalty that you have shown to us and we welcome you back again when traveling to the area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville? Share your experiences!