“Clean rooms and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Bradenton, Florida
“Clean rooms and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was staying there for a conference in January and was pleased with the friendly, helpful staff every step of the way. I went up to a clean, spacious room and it very close to the location of my conference! I am planning on staying here next year : )

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Laydeebug,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to know that you had such a great stay. Our staff works very hard to make sure that your stay is both comfortable and pleasant from check in to check out. We welcome you again when in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

No complaints whatsoever. Staff at check in was helpful, knowledgable and very friendly. Hotel was very quiet despite a girls' soccer tournament welcome sign. Bed was comfy, bathroom was very clean, and tv large and great picture. Free wi-fi was adequate. Breakfast was typical HI Express, and staff was great. I'm sure we will stay here again when traveling this way!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Pam J,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so glad that you had such a great overall experience with us. We would sure like for you to come and stay with us again when in the area. We love to see new and familiar faces. Happy Holiday!
Birmingham, Ala.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were in town for the Alabama vs. Virginia Tech game at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta some 20 miles away, and this proved to be a good "away from town" location to avoid the Atlanta tourist crush.

The property is clean and neat. The front desk personnel were exceptional. Our rooms were in good order. The beds were more than comfortable and the hotel was quiet during the night, despite it being full of college football fans.

The only negative was minor. The complimentary breakfast is served in a lobby too small to accommodate the large number of people eating breakfast. Of course, the hotel was at capacity, and that likely isn't a problem when fewer guests are registered. But it's like a Southwest Airlines boarding call trying to negotiate the food line and limited seating space.

Otherwise, it's a great hotel for a limited stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 109, the first room next to the lobby on the first floor. It was not only convenie...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Rammer13,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy that you had a great overall stay with us. We appreciate that you enjoyed everything that our hotel has to offer. We recognize that the hotel lobby may become overcrowded at times, especially when we are at full capacity. With that being said, we are planning to remodel this area and make it more efficient for our guest. We hope that you will come and stay with us again.
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have stayed in this property several times when we travel to see family. It had always been neat, clean, friendly, and smelled okay. It has a great location: close to the interstate but far enough away to be quiet, next door to three good restaurants, half a block from Walmart, a short drive to an indoor mall where we stretch our legs after a long day's drive, and close to Atlanta but not within the "busyness" of the city. Unfortunately, we will probably not stay there again. The lobby reeked of stale cigarette smoke. We had to hunt down the staff (no one was ever at the front desk when we walked by). Fortunately they were able to put us in a room far away from the smoke, but there was a funky cleaning smell inside the room. In addition, the physical maintenance of the room was slipping. It needed to be repainted and have a better cleaning job. Small repairs were needed. It is sad, but the property seems to be sliding downhill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Deborah W,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Waverly, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a visit with family and we stayed in this hotel. It was our first time staying in this particular hotel and we will stay here again. Ms. Devan at the front desk was a delightful young lady with a genuinely friendly demeanor and a great smile - she made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in til the moment we left. Nothing out of the ordinary about the room décor, setup, or furniture - just nice and clean and comfortable. We got a kick out of the fact that the bathroom had one of those old-school sunlamps in the bathroom ceiling with a timer by the door on the switch plate. Kind of nostalgic. Good breakfast - restocked quickly so that there was never a shortage of anything during breakfast hours. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool because it rained the entire weekend (July 4th weekend), but it looked perfectly nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in 424, which was at the end of a hall and therefore, much less noise. King bed. View of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Devan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hi Andi20102010,

We are excited to see despite, the rain, you still enjoyed your stay at our hotel! It such a great feeling to know our staff and myself were able to bring a little sunshine to your trip. Also, it's nice to know you like the retro design we have incorporated at the property. LOL! Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about our hotel. We welcome you back the next time you are in the area and will keep our fingers crossed that the rain will stay away! Wishing you the best!
Devan Smith- Sales & Marketing
Roanoke, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in Douglasville and is close to everything. My wife and I stayed here for one night on a relaxing couple's getaway, and the room was great. It was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff was really courteous, and the continental breakfast was good. I found no issues with the room and would recommend to anyone staying in the Douglasville area to stay here. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to submit a review about our property! It sounds like you and your spouse truly had a relaxing trip and stay at the hotel. We are so happy to hear that our hotel turned out to be a comfortable retreat for your special get-away! Do come back anytime, as we are always ready to take care of our guests and love to see them leave with a smile! Best Wishes!
Devan Smith- Sales & Marketing
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is one of the worst. Beware! The management are extremely rude, offensive, and shady. During my stay in Douglasville, I participated in the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure. The hotel management claims that I smoked marijuana in the room and they tacked a fine onto my final bill. This simply did not happen and there is no proof. I'm clean and can prove it. That does not matter to them. More than likely, it was one of the hotel employees. As a result, I will now boycott all InterContinental Hotels Group brands, as well as Bass Ale.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Devan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings with us. We apologize for any inconveniences this situation may have caused. We empathize with how you are feeling, however, we do have to maintain strict hotel policies in regards to smoke in our rooms to ensure a fresh and clean room is presented to all of our guests. We still welcome the opportunity to have you come back and experience the hotel again when in the Douglasville area. Sincerely, Carla L.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville? Share your experiences!