“Great Location but Downhill Slide” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Location but Downhill Slide”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have stayed in this property several times when we travel to see family. It had always been neat, clean, friendly, and smelled okay. It has a great location: close to the interstate but far enough away to be quiet, next door to three good restaurants, half a block from Walmart, a short drive to an indoor mall where we stretch our legs after a long day's drive, and close to Atlanta but not within the "busyness" of the city. Unfortunately, we will probably not stay there again. The lobby reeked of stale cigarette smoke. We had to hunt down the staff (no one was ever at the front desk when we walked by). Fortunately they were able to put us in a room far away from the smoke, but there was a funky cleaning smell inside the room. In addition, the physical maintenance of the room was slipping. It needed to be repainted and have a better cleaning job. Small repairs were needed. It is sad, but the property seems to be sliding downhill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Deborah W,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waverly, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a visit with family and we stayed in this hotel. It was our first time staying in this particular hotel and we will stay here again. Ms. Devan at the front desk was a delightful young lady with a genuinely friendly demeanor and a great smile - she made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in til the moment we left. Nothing out of the ordinary about the room décor, setup, or furniture - just nice and clean and comfortable. We got a kick out of the fact that the bathroom had one of those old-school sunlamps in the bathroom ceiling with a timer by the door on the switch plate. Kind of nostalgic. Good breakfast - restocked quickly so that there was never a shortage of anything during breakfast hours. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool because it rained the entire weekend (July 4th weekend), but it looked perfectly nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in 424, which was at the end of a hall and therefore, much less noise. King bed. View of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Devan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hi Andi20102010,

We are excited to see despite, the rain, you still enjoyed your stay at our hotel! It such a great feeling to know our staff and myself were able to bring a little sunshine to your trip. Also, it's nice to know you like the retro design we have incorporated at the property. LOL! Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about our hotel. We welcome you back the next time you are in the area and will keep our fingers crossed that the rain will stay away! Wishing you the best!
Devan Smith- Sales & Marketing
Roanoke, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in Douglasville and is close to everything. My wife and I stayed here for one night on a relaxing couple's getaway, and the room was great. It was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff was really courteous, and the continental breakfast was good. I found no issues with the room and would recommend to anyone staying in the Douglasville area to stay here. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to submit a review about our property! It sounds like you and your spouse truly had a relaxing trip and stay at the hotel. We are so happy to hear that our hotel turned out to be a comfortable retreat for your special get-away! Do come back anytime, as we are always ready to take care of our guests and love to see them leave with a smile! Best Wishes!
Devan Smith- Sales & Marketing
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is one of the worst. Beware! The management are extremely rude, offensive, and shady. During my stay in Douglasville, I participated in the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure. The hotel management claims that I smoked marijuana in the room and they tacked a fine onto my final bill. This simply did not happen and there is no proof. I'm clean and can prove it. That does not matter to them. More than likely, it was one of the hotel employees. As a result, I will now boycott all InterContinental Hotels Group brands, as well as Bass Ale.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Devan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings with us. We apologize for any inconveniences this situation may have caused. We empathize with how you are feeling, however, we do have to maintain strict hotel policies in regards to smoke in our rooms to ensure a fresh and clean room is presented to all of our guests. We still welcome the opportunity to have you come back and experience the hotel again when in the Douglasville area. Sincerely, Carla L.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stay at this Holiday Inn for 2 weeks during a business trip. Hotel within walking distance to a few places to eat and a very short drive to a lot of places to eat. Room was nice, bed felt like it was going to need to be replaced soon but was decent enough to sleep on without any problems, A/C was a little loud but not enough to keep me awake. TV had a lot of channels and there was good sized fridge and microwave. Pool was not open yet so did not get a chance to use it. Fitness room was basic but had what I needed. Breakfast in the morning had plenty of variety and everything that was suppose to be hot was. Wifi was hit or miss, you could tell when a lot of people were logged on because you could barely do anything, most times I went down to the lobby and used the wifi there which flew. Two issues, first a minor one, the bathroom could use more lighting it was a tad dark in there even with all the lights on. The second one a bit worse, house keeping seemed hit or miss, sometimes I came into a perfectly cleaned room others it appeared they made the bed and that was it, trash cans were not emptied and bathroom items not restocked(happened several times during my stay). All in all it was a nice place, staff was very friendly and helpful. If I have to stay in the area again I would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Devan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to share great feedback to us about your most recent stay. We definitely want to make sure your next visit is comfortable and meet your expectations. Therefore, our hotel engineer has been assigned to check out all our beds and lighting in the rooms. Also, our A/C units were just checked to ensure we are ready for the Summer. In regards to our WiFi, this is something we are currently working on to ensure all guests have fast and reliable usage of this tool. By the time you come back, we are confident you will see an improvement in this service. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed eating breakfast with us, as we are very proud of our new Pancake machine, which allows us to present and American favorite to our guests. If you ever need additional information about the local restaurants, never hesitate to ask our staff, as we are hear to ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your geniune feedback. We look forward in accommodating you during your next visit to our city!
Devan- Dir. of Sales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here the night before a 15 mile Iron Dash race. The rooms are clean however the hallways and elevator seemed to have a cigarette smoke smell. Might have just been me but it was very prominent. Easy in and out and courteous staff. Complimentary breakfast that to me was one of the best spreads. The employee who was stocking it and tending to it took great pride in his work and I admired his effort. Sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs, fruit, and other great items. Definite value for money.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Wisemanwhos,

Thank you for taking time to address your concerns from your most recent stay. I would agree that the smell of cigarette smoke most likely wasn't the best part of your relaxing visit. Because the hotel has a smoking level, it is standard practice for us to use a Ozone machine whenever smoke is thicker than normal. It is possible that a guest or two may have just come off the elevator who had recently been outside smoking. Anytime you are staying with us, please feel free to let us know immediately how we can make your stay more comfortable as we truly appreciate your business and want you to feel confident with sharing our hote information with others. Also thank you for the breakfast and staff compliments. We do work hard to maintain a courteous team. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Devan-Dir. of Sales
Pell City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you try to reserve a room by calling the 855 number, you go straight to someone in India who doesn't have a clue. Call the hotel directly at 770-920-9228, you might even help get an American job back.

Room Tip: Talk to Shay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville? Share your experiences!