“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Douglasville
Roanoke, Alabama
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in Douglasville and is close to everything. My wife and I stayed here for one night on a relaxing couple's getaway, and the room was great. It was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff was really courteous, and the continental breakfast was good. I found no issues with the room and would recommend to anyone staying in the Douglasville area to stay here. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Devan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to submit a review about our property! It sounds like you and your spouse truly had a relaxing trip and stay at the hotel. We are so happy to hear that our hotel turned out to be a comfortable retreat for your special get-away! Do come back anytime, as we are always ready to take care of our guests and love to see them leave with a smile! Best Wishes!
Devan Smith- Sales & Marketing

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is one of the worst. Beware! The management are extremely rude, offensive, and shady. During my stay in Douglasville, I participated in the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure. The hotel management claims that I smoked marijuana in the room and they tacked a fine onto my final bill. This simply did not happen and there is no proof. I'm clean and can prove it. That does not matter to them. More than likely, it was one of the hotel employees. As a result, I will now boycott all InterContinental Hotels Group brands, as well as Bass Ale.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Devan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings with us. We apologize for any inconveniences this situation may have caused. We empathize with how you are feeling, however, we do have to maintain strict hotel policies in regards to smoke in our rooms to ensure a fresh and clean room is presented to all of our guests. We still welcome the opportunity to have you come back and experience the hotel again when in the Douglasville area. Sincerely, Carla L.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stay at this Holiday Inn for 2 weeks during a business trip. Hotel within walking distance to a few places to eat and a very short drive to a lot of places to eat. Room was nice, bed felt like it was going to need to be replaced soon but was decent enough to sleep on without any problems, A/C was a little loud but not enough to keep me awake. TV had a lot of channels and there was good sized fridge and microwave. Pool was not open yet so did not get a chance to use it. Fitness room was basic but had what I needed. Breakfast in the morning had plenty of variety and everything that was suppose to be hot was. Wifi was hit or miss, you could tell when a lot of people were logged on because you could barely do anything, most times I went down to the lobby and used the wifi there which flew. Two issues, first a minor one, the bathroom could use more lighting it was a tad dark in there even with all the lights on. The second one a bit worse, house keeping seemed hit or miss, sometimes I came into a perfectly cleaned room others it appeared they made the bed and that was it, trash cans were not emptied and bathroom items not restocked(happened several times during my stay). All in all it was a nice place, staff was very friendly and helpful. If I have to stay in the area again I would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Devan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to share great feedback to us about your most recent stay. We definitely want to make sure your next visit is comfortable and meet your expectations. Therefore, our hotel engineer has been assigned to check out all our beds and lighting in the rooms. Also, our A/C units were just checked to ensure we are ready for the Summer. In regards to our WiFi, this is something we are currently working on to ensure all guests have fast and reliable usage of this tool. By the time you come back, we are confident you will see an improvement in this service. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed eating breakfast with us, as we are very proud of our new Pancake machine, which allows us to present and American favorite to our guests. If you ever need additional information about the local restaurants, never hesitate to ask our staff, as we are hear to ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your geniune feedback. We look forward in accommodating you during your next visit to our city!
Devan- Dir. of Sales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here the night before a 15 mile Iron Dash race. The rooms are clean however the hallways and elevator seemed to have a cigarette smoke smell. Might have just been me but it was very prominent. Easy in and out and courteous staff. Complimentary breakfast that to me was one of the best spreads. The employee who was stocking it and tending to it took great pride in his work and I admired his effort. Sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs, fruit, and other great items. Definite value for money.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Wisemanwhos,

Thank you for taking time to address your concerns from your most recent stay. I would agree that the smell of cigarette smoke most likely wasn't the best part of your relaxing visit. Because the hotel has a smoking level, it is standard practice for us to use a Ozone machine whenever smoke is thicker than normal. It is possible that a guest or two may have just come off the elevator who had recently been outside smoking. Anytime you are staying with us, please feel free to let us know immediately how we can make your stay more comfortable as we truly appreciate your business and want you to feel confident with sharing our hote information with others. Also thank you for the breakfast and staff compliments. We do work hard to maintain a courteous team. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Devan-Dir. of Sales
Pell City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you try to reserve a room by calling the 855 number, you go straight to someone in India who doesn't have a clue. Call the hotel directly at 770-920-9228, you might even help get an American job back.

Room Tip: Talk to Shay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Helena, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

After a long drive we stopped at this property located near I-20 on the west side of Atlanta and have nothing but positive things to say. The room was clean, the staff was courteous, and the stay quiet. No safety concerns. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our firm's staff regularly stay at this HIX property in Douglasville. I just wanted to take a moment to commend the hotel staff for their consistently excellent customer service. 'Shay,' in particular, has a super sense of humor and a wonderfully warm and receptive way about her that makes guests feel welcome. Since our crews tend to stay from one-to-two weeks at a time, having accommodating staff makes all the difference when you have to be away from home/family. Thanks for making our out-of-town stays a bit easier to bear!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville? Share your experiences!