“Excellent Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our firm's staff regularly stay at this HIX property in Douglasville. I just wanted to take a moment to commend the hotel staff for their consistently excellent customer service. 'Shay,' in particular, has a super sense of humor and a wonderfully warm and receptive way about her that makes guests feel welcome. Since our crews tend to stay from one-to-two weeks at a time, having accommodating staff makes all the difference when you have to be away from home/family. Thanks for making our out-of-town stays a bit easier to bear!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hartselle, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great place to stay, close to many good eating places and a huge mall close also across from Cracker Barrel and Wal Mart. Very clean and rates are great and they treat you with many extras I have stayed at this place over 5 times and always very happy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This place is a trick the outside of the hotel is nice and clean. Even the lobby is nice and clean but once you get to the rooms..AWFUL!! Roach traps behind the furniture..and the furniture used is a understatement..looks like they got it from a Motel 6 auction. Don't waste your time at this Holiday Inn!! Holiday Inn should close this place until they do a full renovation on this place!!

• Stayed November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

In my frequent travels I normally enjoy Holiday Inn as a money saving yet excellence accommodations hotel of choice, so much so that I have stayed so many times in their hotels that I gained enough reward points to redeem a night. I choose to redeem my night at that this hotel while visiting a friend in Douglasville and boy was I not impressed. The hotel staff was very nice, hotel I can't say the same for the so called "executive king suite" they put me in. The room was very spacious which was the ONLY good thing I can say unfortunately. The furniture was out dated the couch in the suite had stains of some sort all over it to point I was so grossed out I refused to sit on it but the major issue that was just a deal breaker for this particular Holiday Inn was I walked into the restroom flip the switch and not one but several roaches scattered!!!! WHAT!! I have stayed at several Holiday Inns and NEVER experienced that before. The bathroom was not the cleanest and after seeing the additional guests staying in the room with me uninvited (roaches) I quickly checked myself out of this Holiday Inn HIGHLY UPSET that I WASTED MY POINTS on this roach motel. I will never return to this hotel and will not recommend anyone else to. If I wanted low quality, I would have chosen the Laquinta or Sleep Inn next door.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

So, I've stayed at MANY Holiday Inn Express's but this one had to be the BEST! The room was so fresh and clean! I barely wanted to sit on the beds! And the location! Right next door to Walmart and dozens of other shopping and eating options. Right off the expressway. Very secure and quiet and the FREE breakfast was a definite plus! The staff was very informative and helpful, too. However, we did have an issue with the toilet. It kept backing up and the pool wasn't open yet. Other than that, this hotel was great and I would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Okc, Ok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel was nice and the staff was nice. The room was clean and smelled fresh.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mooreville, Ms
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The hotel itself was very nice and the front desk staff was wonderful. We did not have a reservation, so when we checked in, we were given a smoking king suite. (all they had left) If you are not smokers (and we are not) then don't get a smoking room. It smelled so bad. The room was okay, nicely decorated but the mattress that was supposed to be a pillow top, was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor. Neither my husband nor I slept at all that night. We did have a reservation for this hotel a week later (after our return flight) but I cancelled it the first chance I got. Unless they upgrade their mattresses then I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It wasn't exactly cheap and we basically paid to not get any sleep. Very frustrating.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville? Share your experiences!