“Roach Motel...pack the Raid or stay elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Douglasville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Roach Motel...pack the Raid or stay elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

In my frequent travels I normally enjoy Holiday Inn as a money saving yet excellence accommodations hotel of choice, so much so that I have stayed so many times in their hotels that I gained enough reward points to redeem a night. I choose to redeem my night at that this hotel while visiting a friend in Douglasville and boy was I not impressed. The hotel staff was very nice, hotel I can't say the same for the so called "executive king suite" they put me in. The room was very spacious which was the ONLY good thing I can say unfortunately. The furniture was out dated the couch in the suite had stains of some sort all over it to point I was so grossed out I refused to sit on it but the major issue that was just a deal breaker for this particular Holiday Inn was I walked into the restroom flip the switch and not one but several roaches scattered!!!! WHAT!! I have stayed at several Holiday Inns and NEVER experienced that before. The bathroom was not the cleanest and after seeing the additional guests staying in the room with me uninvited (roaches) I quickly checked myself out of this Holiday Inn HIGHLY UPSET that I WASTED MY POINTS on this roach motel. I will never return to this hotel and will not recommend anyone else to. If I wanted low quality, I would have chosen the Laquinta or Sleep Inn next door.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

So, I've stayed at MANY Holiday Inn Express's but this one had to be the BEST! The room was so fresh and clean! I barely wanted to sit on the beds! And the location! Right next door to Walmart and dozens of other shopping and eating options. Right off the expressway. Very secure and quiet and the FREE breakfast was a definite plus! The staff was very informative and helpful, too. However, we did have an issue with the toilet. It kept backing up and the pool wasn't open yet. Other than that, this hotel was great and I would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Okc, Ok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel was nice and the staff was nice. The room was clean and smelled fresh.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mooreville, Ms
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The hotel itself was very nice and the front desk staff was wonderful. We did not have a reservation, so when we checked in, we were given a smoking king suite. (all they had left) If you are not smokers (and we are not) then don't get a smoking room. It smelled so bad. The room was okay, nicely decorated but the mattress that was supposed to be a pillow top, was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor. Neither my husband nor I slept at all that night. We did have a reservation for this hotel a week later (after our return flight) but I cancelled it the first chance I got. Unless they upgrade their mattresses then I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It wasn't exactly cheap and we basically paid to not get any sleep. Very frustrating.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Manning, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We traveled to Douglassville, GA for the 2011 Thanksgiving holiday. Upon arrival, I was initially worried that we would have problems because I booked a king suite, which had a max occupancy of 3, but since I have two small children, I knew they could both fit on the sofa sleeper that was included with the king suite. The desk clerk immediately eased my fears, confirming that the sofa bed would fit my two small children. She then went one step further to exchange my room for a bigger room (still the king suite), to ensure that my boys had enough room! The room was very clean and surprisingly spacious! I honestly could not find one thing to complain about. The free breakfast is decent, but there is a Cracker Barrel directly across the street, and other restaurants practically within walking distance! To sum it all up, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needed to stop in Douglassville, GA, and will definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Rogersville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We travel to Florida every year and when we reach this hotel we always stop because we know that the staff is wonderful and the facility is always in tip top shape. Right across the street is a Cracker Barrel and a Hooters, up the hill is a Walmart. We recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Georgia that needs a quiet and clean place to rest.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I booked this hotel over the Labor Day weekend. Spent 3 nights in a "suite" room. When we got there around midnight the check in process was smooth. Nothing aside from normal there. When we got in the room it was no hot it was almost unbearable. Turned on the AC and the flow from the machine was so low it took through the next morning to get semi cool. GA in September is not a cool place to begin with! The AC underperformed the entire time we were there and it was always 74+ in the room regardless of time. I spoke to the front desk, but the hotel was sold out so I was given no other options. The bed was just average and the room condition was average too. You can tell this is an older hotel and it is really showing its age. The breakfast was pretty good, your typical Holiday Inn Express fare. The folks in the hotel were friendly, but the condition of the hotel made the experience just at average.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville? Share your experiences!