“No problems, it's just ugly and gross” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Douglasville

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Douglasville to your Saves list
Super 8 Douglasville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8315 Cherokee Blvd, Douglasville, GA 30134 (Formerly Ramada Limited Douglasville)   |
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Douglasville
Memphis, Tennessee
“No problems, it's just ugly and gross”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I had no particular problems with this stay. I did notice some things that would keep me from coming back though: small holes in the sheets, stains on the "lobby" wall, very old-looking carpet and dim hallways.

If you're looking solely for value, this hotel will work for you. But if you care about appearance and cleanliness, this isn't the place for you. This hotel desperately needs a facelift.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Check in was great. Got to our rooms and found that of the 3 rooms that we had booked, the toilets in 2 appeared to have mold on the inside. We called housekeeping and they came immediately and swished a brush around in the toilets. I am assuming there was a cleaning agent on the the brush, but I don't know. I guess I would have liked my stay better if little details like that would have been handled before we checked in. The beds were comfortable and the continental breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Hinesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I had been traveling all day. I went to other hotels but they were full. I was able to check in here at my late hour. The front desk was very helpful and polite.
I asked for a room on the first floor and was able to get it. After I checked in and got to my room. I went to the front desk and asked for extra towels and got them without any problems, which is awesome since I noticed that the night desk was on break. I interrupted his break and did not get any attitude. Awesome!!
I overslept and asked for a later check out which they were able to do. I told them that I had a lamp that didn't work and they said they were going to send someone to fix it.
This hotel is the best that I have been in and I have been in a few. I talked to the front desk upon check out and found out that they had just finished cleaning all the carpets (which they do every 3 months) which is great.
I would reccomend that you stay here. The wireless internet is great to have and there is a hot tub as well.
Overall this is a great place to stay. i will be returning.

Room Tip: be polite and ask for what you want. they are very helpful.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We found a dead bead bug underneath one of the beds immediately upon check-in. Where there's smoke there's fire, so we immediately left. It was late at night (past 11pm local time), and I immediately went to the front desk and asked for a refund.

The man at the desk refunded me with no questions asked, which was great, but no apology or anything.

We went to the Best Western across the street...and found NO bed bugs!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bryson City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We loved this hotel. I am the single mother of two girls and it was lovely. The service was great,they have continental breakfast every morning and a plasma tv for news ! conveniently close to restaurants and a very peaceful area in Douglasville. The rooms were clean and organized.
What we loved the most were the two receptionist Mack and Parrish at the front desk. They were there for our every need and always at your service with a friendly smile. I'll be always gratefully for all their help and advises. This hotel also has free internet access and wifi! they have a jacuzzi indoors and is always ready to go. Overall this hotel was great and i recomend you come here with your familys and loved ones.
God Bless You!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

During our late night travel we became tired and sleepy so therefore we needed a place to rest for the remaining of the night. I contacted an AAA Rep who selected this hotel based on our location and price. Upon arriving the check-in process was quick; the room was very comfortable and clean .I would stay stay again..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

we stayed here for the weekend with my family, got some discounted tickets for six flags at the desk which helped save us some money. the rooms were spacious and quite comfortable considering our journey from alabama. good value with breakfast. will come back again in future most likely.

Room Tip: ask for 2nd floor
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Douglasville? Share your experiences!