“Amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
West Jefferson, Ohio
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited based on a recommendation from a friend. We are from out of state and will be coming back just to visit this restaurant. We were welcomed and treated like family. The food was amazing and authentic. We are planning another visit in November. Can't wait!!

• Visited November 2012

Pascagoula, Mississippi
“The end all tell all for Creole/Cajun food in the whole USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Party of one sat at the bar because I felt guilty for taking a table when the demand for seating was so high. Midge behind the bar blew me away with her service. Attentive and attention to detail were undeniable. The food quality is always amazing. The passion for delivering quality food is and has always been quite evident. Dine here and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Bowdon, Georgia
“Always great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite places to eat anywhere. I drive to douglasville often just to eat here. Never had anything that wasnt good here. Love the chicken and sausage gumbo. And I always save room for the peanut butter pie and I'm not even a desert eater normally.

• Visited September 2013
Oxford
“Perfect, I am tellin' you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I recently visited from Oxford, Alabama this past Saturday. We arrived in time for lunch and as expected with all great restaurants waited about 30 minutes to be seated. The wait was pleasant and didn't bother us a bit. We were waited on as soon as we were seated. I ordered the half order of Dixie jambalaya and was very glad that I didn't order a whole order. The portions were huge!! My mother ordered the crock of Dixie jambalaya and was happy she didn't order the size that I ordered. Her portions were huge as well. The crock of Dixie jambalaya was listed on the appetizer menu and was priced at around only $4. We also ordered the cheese grits and were not sorry. They were amazing. I truly enjoyed the hush puppies. They were the BEST melt-in-your-mouth little suckers I have ever had the pleasure of eating. Their prices and portions were truly awesome. Most all sides were priced at $1 with the exception of 2 or 3 items. We WILL be back soon, I can't wait to try something different, I am quite sure it will be a truly delightful experience.

Visited August 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Tuesday nights are "shrimp" night specials at Gumbeaux's. The locals know it and there's a line up and down the sidewalk with people laughing and visiting while waiting for a table to chow down on some of the best shrimp in the south. Don't go there if you're in a hurry, because once you start eating, you want to keep ordering different kinds of shrimp. They also have some of the best fried alligator I've tasted. And no, it doesn't "taste like chicken."

• Visited August 2013