“The end all tell all for Creole/Cajun food in the whole USA” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Pascagoula, Mississippi
“The end all tell all for Creole/Cajun food in the whole USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Party of one sat at the bar because I felt guilty for taking a table when the demand for seating was so high. Midge behind the bar blew me away with her service. Attentive and attention to detail were undeniable. The food quality is always amazing. The passion for delivering quality food is and has always been quite evident. Dine here and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013

Bowdon, Georgia
“Always great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite places to eat anywhere. I drive to douglasville often just to eat here. Never had anything that wasnt good here. Love the chicken and sausage gumbo. And I always save room for the peanut butter pie and I'm not even a desert eater normally.

• Visited September 2013
Oxford
“Perfect, I am tellin' you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I recently visited from Oxford, Alabama this past Saturday. We arrived in time for lunch and as expected with all great restaurants waited about 30 minutes to be seated. The wait was pleasant and didn't bother us a bit. We were waited on as soon as we were seated. I ordered the half order of Dixie jambalaya and was very glad that I didn't order a whole order. The portions were huge!! My mother ordered the crock of Dixie jambalaya and was happy she didn't order the size that I ordered. Her portions were huge as well. The crock of Dixie jambalaya was listed on the appetizer menu and was priced at around only $4. We also ordered the cheese grits and were not sorry. They were amazing. I truly enjoyed the hush puppies. They were the BEST melt-in-your-mouth little suckers I have ever had the pleasure of eating. Their prices and portions were truly awesome. Most all sides were priced at $1 with the exception of 2 or 3 items. We WILL be back soon, I can't wait to try something different, I am quite sure it will be a truly delightful experience.

Visited August 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Tuesday nights are "shrimp" night specials at Gumbeaux's. The locals know it and there's a line up and down the sidewalk with people laughing and visiting while waiting for a table to chow down on some of the best shrimp in the south. Don't go there if you're in a hurry, because once you start eating, you want to keep ordering different kinds of shrimp. They also have some of the best fried alligator I've tasted. And no, it doesn't "taste like chicken."

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“The best Louisiana authentic restaurant, cajun/creole-The best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am a Louisiana girl!! Born and raised-New Orleans and the North Shore..504 country!! We know food and hospitality. I have lived in Virginia, Alabama and Georgia and my Mom lived in New York for the last 30 years of her life, so I visited much and still do. New york is one of my favorite cities and at the same time, the food does not hold a candle to the food is the South and especially to this authentic cajun/creole restaurant-Gumbeaux's.

I lived in Georgia from 94-98 and was at the grand opening of Gumbeaux's because my co-workers wanted me to go that special day to let them know if the food was authentic. To my surprise, it was the best. You see, I am used to restaurants that say they serve cajun food, but really don't. So, I braced myself to be dissappointed. Instead, I was so thrilled that Gumbeaux's was everything I grew up with and more. I tell folks all the time that I was raided on cajun food and started eating it in the wound :-)

I moved from Atlanta in 98 to Birmingham and I travelled to gumbeaux's twice a month to get my fix. Afterall, it was closer than going to New Orleans to get the same thing. Now after 16 years, I am back in Atlanta and glad to be even closer to Gumbeaux's. Since the grand opening, I have introduced about 100 people to the restuarant and every single solatairey one of them absolutely love it!! I have had practically everything on the menu and have never had a bad meal!!

Let me tell you about the The staff. They are so gracious, they make me feel like I am a part of their families. From the time I walk in until the time I walk out, the expericence is next to none. Robert the owner is busy in the kitchen, but takes special care to send a hello out from time to time. He knows food and for him to be in business for so long, he ain't slumming..

So, kudos to the best restaurant in Atlanta and the best staff that is dedicated to the best service.

Karen-a true cajun girl living in Atlanta

• Visited August 2013