“Thought I was at a Marriott...it was that nice” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Douglasville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Linnenkohl Dr, Douglasville, GA 30134   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Muscle Shoals, AL
“Thought I was at a Marriott...it was that nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I booked 3 rooms for one night when we took our family to an Atlanta Braves game. We were all very impressed with this hotel. It was extremely clean, the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was very good, the best continental breakfast I have ever seen. The eating area was nice and spacious, not just a couple of tables cramed into a small space like a lot of others I've seen. The entire atmosphere of the hotel made me think I was staying in a 5-star Marriott! I will definitely be staying here again!! Thank you, LaQuinta, you helped make our family trip a huge success!

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms all located right beside the elevator, no complaints about noise at all. Ice and vend...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
East Coast of Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights with our kids soccer team. Front desk very helpful, hotel was clean and quiet, comfortable beds, nice lobby to hang out in and a good breakfast. Good selection of eating options within walking distance. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hinesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is a great updated La Quinta Inn. Pet Friendly, easy access to I20 and stores. Hotel was clean, well maintained and the beds were comfortable. Lots of parking, great breakfast with more choices than expected. Staff was friendly and check in was efficient. Would stay here again any time I am in this area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Eleuthera
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

In town for a family event, we stayed at the La Quinta Inn, Douglasville. The rooms were clean and of a reasonable size, however the elevators moved very slowly, and the housekeeper did NOT understand clear, concise, simple American English. She kept answering us in Spanish and she appeared very confused by a simple request for an additional roll of toilet tissue and two extra bath towels. Shame on the management for allowing that to happen on American soil; It is extremely rude and disrespectful to guests! (For this, I rated the service as a '1' out of 5)

To our disappointment, the pool was closed for the majority of our stay, and we were told that it was closed for inspection. My uncle later rolled his eyes, and relayed to me that the pool had been closed for three out of the previous four times which he, my aunt, and my cousin had stayed there. The front desk staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The best part of our stay was a comfortable sleep in a clean bed, and a simple selection of healthy breakfast foods, juices, and coffee. I would recommend staying there, however if the free breakfast selection does not suit your needs, there is a good, friendly Cracker Barrel across the street.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Andalusia, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

The hotel was incredibly comfortable and clean, with friendly staff and a perfect location. I stayed for 2 nights during Wrestlemania weekend with my fiancée, because it was close to Atlanta. The nice man at the front desk gave us helpful directions to restaurants, there was a 24/7 Wal-Mart w/in walking distance, and the beds were SOOO COMFORTABLE! *Everything* was clean, the sheets were fresh, variety for breakfast and easy parking. I didn't see any stains, not a single bug, nor an unfriendly face. It was quiet, and just wonderful for our weekend.

Room Tip: Just ask. They willingly provide.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We stayed here when we had a family function to attend in Douglasville, GA. This hotel is clean, updated, safe, quiet, comfortable and conveniently located. We had stayed in another top #3 Douglasville hotel before, but the location and price made the La Quinta a better value and fit for us. The rooms and baths are typically furnished, but spacious and clean. Also, we didn’t hear any foot traffic in the hallway at night. The staff was efficient & polite (not chummy). Breakfast was expected with a waffle iron, fresh apples & bananas, 6+ varieties of cereals, yogurt, bagels, toast, muffins, Danishes, instant oatmeal & grits, microwavable breakfast burritos & omelets, coffee, juice and milk. It filled us up, but typical breakfast fare. The location is great. Easy access from I-20, but not situated right on the interstate. It is in walking distance to Wal-Mart, strip mall shopping, Zaxby’s, Cracker Barrel, Hooters, etc… There is a shopping mall, Movie Theater and a plethora of eating establishments a short drive away. The only downside is the area becomes congested during high traffic times (rush hour, weekends, etc…). Really a great stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Friendly staff, clean rooms, super pet friendly. TVs are regular def (kinda behind the times), but with everything else so perfect, I don't really care. Sam Barshop, the founder, told me at a lecture at Texas State University how great this chain was, but seeing is believing! Kudos, LQ!

• Stayed January 2011

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Douglasville? Share your experiences!