“Steady good - and that is a good thing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provinos Italian Restaurant

Provinos Italian Restaurant
Douglasville Promenade, 2911 Chapel Hill Rd. (I-20 (exit 36)), Douglasville, GA 30135
678-838-0630
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Georgia
“Steady good - and that is a good thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I get to the Douglasville Provino's on a fairly regular basis, usually once a month. The goods is not spectacular, but always good and that is a nice consistency. I like the chicken/eggplant ptarmigan; my wife likes the cheese ravioli.

The salad is always very good as are the garlic rolls. Didn't like the house merlot, but the other merlot by the glass is good.

Atmosphere is good; much quieter than Olive Garden or Carraba's.

Good choice.

Oh yeah - free meal on your birthday. Nice too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Palmetto
“Not As A Friend Told Me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A friend at work recommended Provino's in Douglasville so Tuesday night the wife and I decided we would give them a try. Now don't get me wrong, I love garlic as much as anyone. The first thing I noticed when we walked in the door was the strong aroma of garlic. It almost overwhelmed me. When they brought out the bread with the salad I found out why. There was a puddle of butter with an equal amount of garlic in the bottom of the bread bowl. Now imagine the aroma from all the tables with that same amount of garlic. Anyway, the bread was good, with the butter and garlic, but just too much garlic. In my humble opinion.
The salad was only average and as my wife complained,"Only one choice of dressing?".
Now my entree. I ordered the vegetable lasagna. When it came to the table it looked good but as I ate I noticed that the ends of the bowl the sauce was very hot but the center where the cheese and noodles where it was only luke warm at best. The plate and the bowl were cool to the touch. My only thought was this had been microwaved. Now I don't know that for a fact but it came out exactly like some of my dinners that I had attempted to heat up and wasn't patient enough for it to heat up all the way through.
My wife said her meal wasn't much better.
To sum it up. We didn't like it and we will not go back or recommend it to anyone.

Just my opinion.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
DOUGLASVILLE
“Food lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Calamarie starter heavily breaded and not hot when delivered. Salad great. But entrees were not hot and had been sitting too long. Veal parmigiana crust was soft and mushy and totally falling off tough veal as if it had been sitting in sauce too long. Spaghetti OK but not great. Over cooked but not hot. Overall disappointed with Carabas, Olive Garden , and Fabiano's all near and better.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Georgia
“Used to be better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Recently we went to Provino's for my sister's birthday. We had been many times in years past but it had been quite a while since we had been. Our server was not knowledgeable about the items on the menu. My sister wanted to know if a pasta was stuffed with ricotta cheese and the server told her "no." When she received her meal, that was mostly all that was in the pasta- ricotta. I ordered the chicken Marsala, which I consider an upscale dish. I have had it at another local Italian restaurant and it was fabulous and tender. At Provino's, it was absolutely terrible. It looked and tasted like a tv dinner. The chicken was pressed and chewy and the gravy tasted exactly like it came from a jar. The salad and rolls were very good as usual. There were four of us there that night and not one of us enjoyed our meal. My sister's meal was free so she didn't want to complain. Well, none of us brought it to the attention of the staff but we will not be back. It is disappointing because we used to love this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lithia Springs, Georgia
“Best Italian in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent food - great prices! Be careful though - if you aren't careful, your entree will come out before you are done with your appetizer! I have learned that the service is so fast here, I make them wait to take my order until I am finished with my salad and starters. HINT: Get a bowl of the rosatella sauce to dip pyour garlic rolls in - HEAVEN!

• Visited December 2012