“Nice clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Douglasville
“Nice clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nice clean hotel with a friendly staff. Not far from six flags and several food choices next exit up. Rooms are clean and outdoor pool is clean. The shower could have used more water pressure but not bad. Will stay there again while visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Came back a second time after my first visit. The staff was friendly as usual and the service was excellent. Nice to have a reliable place to stay during my frequent trips to the Atlanta area. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Passing by Atlanta and was looking for a place to stay. I checked a few places in the Douglasville area and decided to stay at the Econo Lodge based off the appearance and price. Ive never stayed at an Econo Lodge before but I must say I was thoroughly impressed. Im used to paying double the price for hotels like this. I got breakfast, checked my emails and a good nights sleep. If my travels bring me back to the Atlanta area, I will certainly be back at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask the manager about discounts at local restaurants.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Cheap rate, Internet iffy at best. Room was ok, bedding needs replaced.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
GA866, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for the recent review of our hotel. I am glad you were pleased with the rate that you paid for the hotel. We believe we present the best value in are area when comparing rate versus amenities. We would like you to know that we offer free hardwired internet in every room and are working to improve our wireless internet throughout the hotel. Additionally we replace linens and bedding on a regular basis in order to ensure the sleeping arrangements are clean, fresh and comfortable. We look forward to your next stay.
Bloomington, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

For a cheap night at a hotel, this one was a decent price and looked nice from the outside. The bedding felt a little iffy but the furniture was nice. There was internet, but it loaded so slow it wasn't worth using. HBO is advertised on your reservation and hotel info, and there is a pamphlet in the room for it- but when you turned to the channel on the hotel guide in the room, it was just a black screen. Flipped through the channels but never did find it.

The staff were kind, but hard to find when you needed them. Waited for a while in person at the front desk and gave up. Also waited on the phone when trying to reach the front desk too.

Probably the biggest problem is that we asked for a Smoke free room- but when we got to it, we really think it was in the middle of a bunch of smoking rooms. We were on the 3rd floor and the whole floor smelled like smoke. We would have asked for a room change, but the hotel had a very smoky smell in general.

I was excited to see this hotel as #1 in the area prior to our visit, but now that I know that, and have seen this... your best bet would be to stay in a different city. We most likely would not stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back of the 3rd floor. It was VERY smoky and backed up to a mobile home park. Fine...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GA866, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We read all comments and enjoy hearing from our guests. I was disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay. We hope that in the future you give us a chance to make it up to you. I will personally ensure that your return stay is an enjoyable one. I want to assure you that our hotel presents the best value in the west Atlanta area when comparing price versus amenities. We carry quality bedding and linens approved by the high standards of Choice Hotels International. HBO is offered in every room and is currently channel 20 on any television. Wireless internet is offered throughout the hotel as well as hardwired internet. The front desk has free cables you can use in the event you prefer using the hardwired option. Additionally, the hotel has less than 20% smoking rooms and smoking is not allowed in any of the common areas. Prior to your comments guests have not complained of a “smoky” smell in any of the common areas or in the non-smoking rooms. We currently have a rigorous program that allows for ventilation of the hotel and all of the rooms to the outside in order to provide fresh clean air to all of our guests. Again, thank you for bringing some of these issues to light and I hope you find reassurance in that we are using your comments to address some of your concerns. I am confident that your next stay will be very enjoyable.
Clinton, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Having been a user of tripadvisor for a while now, I've come to trust the reviews of it's other members until now. I find it very hard to believe that this is the #1 rated hotel in Douglasville. It's mediocre at best and all the so called amenities aren't accessible. For instance, the exercise room is locked with a key and was not unlocked the whole time of our stay, it isn't accessible by a room key but a regular key. The so called breakfast was a joke, it's a glorified cereal bar at best. The waffle machine was "out of order" the length of my stay. The air was not working in the breakfast area
And this was during a heat wave. The Internet was down the whole time of our stay and so was my mood. The back of the hotel backs up to a trailer park and I will be posting pictures of the view since a picture is worth a thousand words. The rooms are dated and they are still using tube sets instead of flat screens. To sum it up STAY AWAY unless you have very low standards. My advice,stay closer to Arbor Mall, this area is depressing and dull. This will be the first and last time any Econo Lodge will be seeing me.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for commenting on our hotel and I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. I want you to know that we are using your comments as a guide in order to improve service to all of our guests. We work to keep all of our amenities accessible to guests as much as possible, but at times we must close areas like the fitness room outside of the posted hours of operation. A staff member is always available at the front desk (24 hour front desk) to make the fitness room accessible. Additionally, our breakfast options are above and beyond the industry standards for a midscale hotel chain. In fact we recently added fresh hot waffles to our breakfast that can be made by guest themselves. My understanding is that you may have felt that the air conditioning was out of order but in fact this is not the case. Your stay was during the hottest heat wave on record for the Atlanta area, which may have caused this misconception. Additionally, we offer free high speed internet with both WiFi and hardwired connectivity for guests that are having trouble with connection speed. We hope that you give us a call during your next stay in Douglasville. I would be happy to ensure that you have a pleasant stay the next time you visit our convenient and quiet location.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Although I wasn't very please with the location! My room overlooked a trailer park... It IS conveniently place right off the highway.

We had no problems with checking in, we got the room we requested, it was clean and comfortable.

The walls are a little thin, I could hear the gentleman in the next room having coughing spells. After the coughing stopped my little one and I were able to go right to sleep.

Upon check out I decided to have the continental breakfast. There is lots to choose from there was juices milk coffee bagels waffles cold cereal hard boiled egg and plenty more.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglasville
Comfort Inn
Sleep Inn Douglasville
#9 of 13 in Douglasville
3.5 of 5 stars 25 reviews
Days Inn Douglasville-Atlanta-Fairburn Road

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!