“Love the food, hate the noise....” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 160 restaurants in Douglasville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Douglasville, Georgia
“Love the food, hate the noise....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

First, let me say that it is my opinion that Texas Roadhouse has the best prime rib of anyone in our price range (I'm sure there are ultra expensive restaurants that have better, but I'll never know that for sure :-)...and we go occasionally just for that. And, I generally expect to wait for a table (although we did not have to wait--which I am quite sure is a 'first' for us). I don't mind the peanut shells and I also like the parched peanuts. They have wonderful steaks, salads, and baked sweet potatoes. The wait staff at every one I've ever visited has been very attentive and good. TRH has exceptional food and exceptional service, and were it not for one thing, we would go there much more often. And that one thing is the scream-pitch of the noise in there. It borders on ridiculous. People either HAVE to shout at one another in order to carry on a conversation, or they choose to, which causes others to do the same. I can literally hold my ears and hear everything around me quite clearly. I find this irritating and wearisome, therefore I avoid TRH except when I just really want a good steak, and brave the noise to get it. But, that's my two cents worth. This time we deviated from the norm, and ordered the rib eyes. They were cooked to perfection and were absolutely delicious! The salads were wonderful, as always, and the baked sweet potatoes were backed perfectly and piping hot. The tea was good, as well. We enjoyed the food, but hated the yelling and clamor and clang of the place. It actually reminds me of the school lunchroom when I was a child. I don't mind the normal hub-bub of a restaurant, but the TRH is off the charts. If their steaks/food were not simply the best, I'd never go there, period--because we cannot even carry on a conversation without shouting at one another, which is not my idea of a great dining experience.

Visited August 2013

75% Recommend
Douglasville, Georgia
“:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

this place has the best ribs ever mouth watering food and the service and people are so nice there highly recommend !

Visited June 2013
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We were seated quickly! We had a very nice waitress! The manager made sure we had been receiving excellent service! The girls loved when the waitresses started dancing! It was only for less than a minute every hr or so but it was fun and entertaining! Best if all the food was beyond delicious! An the special was we'll worth the money! We will probably drive over an hr to go back just to eat there again!

• Visited June 2013
Bremen, Georgia
“Continued great service and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is by far my fav steak house restaurant to eat at in Douglasville. From the rolls, cactus blossom to their awesome ribeyes. We continue to come back time and time again. Also a great place to celebrate your birthday at, if you do not mind a little fun.

• Visited June 2013
“Always nice and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Server was fast and took our order correctly and made recommendations for us to choose from.
We were taken care of and made very welcome, like with family.
Food was hot and tasty. Compliments to the chef!!!!

• Visited April 2013