“AUTHENTIC!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: szechuan style--opened 3 months ago
New York City, New York
“AUTHENTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wow, I have become an addict to this place for wonderful Sichuan (spicy) Chinese. It is not for the faint of heart, but I can promise you won't have one dish that isn't made to very high stabdards with only fresh ingredients. Service is wonderful Don't let the "strip mall" location put you off. It is a gem! I wish it was a little brighter in the interior but that's just my own personal taste, it doesn't impact the food and the excellent quality and seasoning.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia
“Sichuan food that you'd get in Sichuan, China”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The restaurant honestly gives you choice between their American Chinese and Traditional Chinese Menus (also available online) and If you order out of the latter you will get Sichuan food that you'd get in Sichuan, China. That's how authentic it is !

The restaurant's location is kind of odd but if you are looking for genuine Sichuan food this is the place to be ! the menu offers plenty of seafood and vegetarian options but beverages and desserts are certainly not its strengths.

The interior decor is simple and nice, service is prompt and polite and once in a while you might find Chef Gu smiling and waving at you by the door...

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roswell, Georgia
“Amazing food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Like a previous reviewer, I was not expecting too much when we pulled into the strip mall and saw this small restaurant, but it turned out to be an amazing surprise! The decor insidewas really nice and the menu had lots of great choices. I also knew I found a good place what I realized that I was the only non-Chinese speaking person in the place. When I find restaurants that attract "locals", the food is usually great. We had spicy chicken with chiles, spicy mutton with cumin, and a spicy green bean dish. The common theme was "spicy", and it was all great - not just hot- but very tasty. I will definitely become a regular here!

Atlanta, GA
“Gu's = GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Never thought I'd eat at a place called Gu's, but it was delicious!

After reading the reviews on TA, I thought- there's no way there is something this good at that hole in the wall place in that crappy shopping center. Well, my friends- there is.

On the outside you think "I wonder how much I'll be up all night after this one" but once you step inside, it looks like a cute bistro with peppers, private tables, and eye-appealing lay out.

The food is by far the best Chinese food you could have in and around the Buford Hwy area. For Chinese we usually go to Hong Kong Harbour or Oriental Pearl which both in my opinion are good Chinese restaurants. If you want seafood- go to the Pearl but Gu's out weighs HKH in delicious traditional Chinese food. This is the one place that when you say "Make it spicy...seriously....really spicy" they listen.

The spicy green beans are by far the best I've ever had. My husband enjoyed the twice cooked smoked pork, and we both shared a spicy based hot pot. The portions are something to be shared, so feel free to order a hot pot and two dishes and three people be able to share.....and get seconds.

Their menu can be found online, and they have pick up but no delivery or to go menus. BUT-honestly, even if this place wasn't within biking distance from my house- I'd travel across the state for it. So give Gu's a try!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Chinese food in Atlanta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

The remodel of Gu's is nice. Food is still the best. Service has suffered because of closing for remodel, which caused some staff to find other jobs. However food is still the best!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere