“You Get What You Pay For” 3 of 5 stars

Masters Inn Doraville
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3092 Presidential Parkway, Doraville, GA 30340   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Doraville
Nashville
“You Get What You Pay For”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I needed a room to crash in while overnight in Atlanta for a Brave's game. I chose this location for it's reasonable rate. Also I needed a nearby "park and ride" MARTA stop; ( 1 mile west ); for transit to and from the game. Both of these were supplied by the property. The most important thing to me, the room was clean. The downsides of the room were: you are thirty yards from the noise of the interstate, wifi was bumpy, and cable was limited to fifteen channels. On the plus side, the pool, though small, was operational. You need to bring your own towels. This room was fine for myself flying solo, but I wouldn't have felt it okay for my whole family. Good deal money wise. Happy traveling!

Room Tip: Secure a room on the front side of property. I'm sure the street noise is better than the inters...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank GMan731

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel was exactly what I needed, I booked 2 rooms for one night as I was spending the weekend in Atlanta with my wife and a couple of relatives. When I first got to the hotel I noticed that it wasn't the best area but it was not bad either, I walked into the reception area and a man welcomed me and gave me the keys to the 2 rooms I had paid for in advance. I asked him about things to do nearby and he suggested a couple of nice shopping malls that were only about 10 minutes away. Then we went to the rooms that had been assigned to us, one of them was in perfect condition, very clean and organized. The second one smelled a lot like cigarrettes (even though it was a non smoking room) and the heating unit was not working. I went back to the reception area and told that to the guy I spoke to the first time, he apologized and gave me the keys to a different room. I then went to the new room, it also had a weird smell to it but it faded away quickly, everything else was nice and clean. Spend the night there comfortably, absolutely nothing happened to our vehicle or us. Checked out the next morning, no hidden fees were charged, no surprises.

This hotel offers very reasonable low rates, hence, don't expect a 5 star hotel because you are not paying for one, if you are looking for luxury and fancy stuff you have to pay for it somewhere else, but if you only want a clean place to sleep in for a few nights this is your best choice. I would definitely recommend it.

Interior and Exterior could be updated/renovated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank nicolaspr2
Dacula
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This by far has to be the creepist most disgusting motel that I have ever had the bad luck to stay. The staff was very rude, the room was filthy, the smell was horrible, the location was unsafe, the other guest appeared to be somewhat undesirable..well scary.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maryland R

Travelers are raving about these Doraville hotels

Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The room and bathroom were clean. Overall, the room was nice and comfortable. The wifi worked properly. The guy behind the desk was very friendly and helpful. It seems that the area is not very safe, but the owners got the means in their power to make the area safer, including surveillance cameras and notices everywhere. The only slight negative I can say is that the room smelled a little snuff despite being non-smoking. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean.Definitely would recommend this hotel as it is very cheap and offers good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank realfari
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was the cheapest motel we had booked so far, so we were kind of prepared for the worst. Luckily, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Pros:
- Very cheap
- Clean sheets, room was fairly clean but they missed some corners in the bathroom
- The daytime receptionist was the friendliest and most helpful we've encountered so far and was very knowledgeable of the area
- A lot of amenities, including a fridge and microwave

Cons:
- A little worn out
- We found some beetles in the room, no bedbugs though
- They advertised that their pool was open, which was true. What they didn't mention was the pool was green from algae. Not that it really matters in the middle of October, but they still shouldn't have mentioned it

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank FatalX
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I would stay here again if I were in town. My only gripe is the pillows are too soft and no there's no iron in the room..... but like I said you can't beat the price! they also have a nice selection of places to dine nearby.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank cmathis1956
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel is about what you would expect for a cheap hotel. It did have a nice bed and a good a/c. The room was large and the internet was super fast. I read some other reviews that said it was in a dangerous area but I did not see that. There is a security guard who was a really nice guy. There is a latin club next door which some other reviews stated but I was not able to hear it from my room. If you do stay in this hotel make sure to bring your own soap/body wash as the hotel only provides the little cheap bars of soap. Also there is a fridge and microwave in the room.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in the rooms next to the latin club. I was on the other side and could not hear it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Brandon42262
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doraville
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Chamblee
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta
Studio 6 Chamblee
Studio 6 Chamblee
#1 of 4 in Chamblee
3.5 of 5 stars 55 reviews
Value Place Atlanta (Chamblee)
Quality Inn Northeast
Quality Inn Northeast
#131 of 176 in Atlanta
3.0 of 5 stars 65 reviews
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#94 of 176 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 stars 139 reviews

Been to Masters Inn Doraville? Share your experiences!