“A FEAST AWAITS YOU.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Dessert
ALBANY,GA
“A FEAST AWAITS YOU.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We dined there for thanksgiving. They had music outside and we enjoyed a glass of wine while waiting to be seated. The food was outstanding and so was the staff. We had heard so much about the place and was not disapointed at all. We can't wait to return.

Visited November 2012

68% Recommend
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great family style restaurant that serves you a TON of Southern food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

WOW...did we get served a ton of food! I consider it a staple for anyone driving up to the mountains from ATL though. You do not order from a menu. You sit down at a family sized private table (there were 9 of us) and they just start bringing you food...then more food, then more food! Selection was great, and even the kids enjoyed and tried new things! I will tell you I over ate by a lot but guess I can't blame that on the restaurant! ha.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
candle1976
“Great Food, Service Slipping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Every time we're in the area, the family stops at the Dillard House for lunch. We were on our way up to Tennessee and stopped in on a Sunday.

The food, as always, was excellent. Fried Chicken, Okra, Corn, Steak in Gravy - reminds me of my family food as a kid.

The service, sadly, is on the decline. The floor people, who bring out the food, seemed to have no clue of what was going where. I don't blame them - I blame bad management. I watched this go on during the whole meal. Not to mention, entrees were missing when we got our food and we had to ask for them to be brought...multiple times.

The food is so good that we will come back, but if the service keeps slipping - it will drive us away one day. We'll see.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

This was so worth our drive from Helen! The view was amazing, food excellent & service extremely impressive. I definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“My favourite family place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place is beautiful. We always stay in the blue ridge section of the hotel because of the fantastic view of the horse fields and mountains. The rooms are extremely spacious and well equipped. The rooms could use a little updating, but are always clean. The housekeeping staff is great and service at the front desk is always great. It is perfect for families, lots of room to run and animals for the kids to see. Its also very quiet. This is my second stay here and it won't be my last. Do not miss dinner in the dining room, just bring a big appetite!

Visited November 2012