We stayed at the Dillard Holiday Inn Express for two nights while sightseeing in the north Georgia mountains. We arrived late one night but found a cheerful desk clerk who processed our reservation quickly. The room was on the second floor and upon entry, we found it to be clean and free of any foreign odors. The room was equipped with a large LCD television and a refrigerator/microwave. The bathroom was very clean and the shower produced hot water with excellent pressure. There were plenty of towels available and the shower curtain looked new. The beds were very comfortable and we did not find anything distasteful about the sheets, although a military-grade inspection was never performed. The A/C unit was efficient and ice cold and had a digital thermostat. We had two nights of restful relaxation and were not disturbed by any noises outside of the occasional rude guest or two.
The breakfast was not the best I have ever enjoyed as a part of the room rate, but it was still good. The young lady who was tending to the meal was working very hard (the small dining room was full) and was very nice to the guests. If I had run into the hotel manager, I would have recommended her for a raise. The cinnamon rolls were excellent!
Some other good points from our stay: 1) Heated indoor swimming pool with hot tub, and very clean. A big hit with my 6 year old son! 2) Excellent view of the surrounding mountains. Made us feel like we were really imbedded in the scenery. 3) Wireless internet which registered 5 bars on my laptop and no connection issues during the stay. 4) Guest computer in the lobby with a printer, which was useful when I needed to print directions to area attractions. 5) No unsavory characters on the property. Everyone there appeared to be a legitimate guest.
The only downsides to this stay were: 1) Our room had two beds. The bed closest to the window was about 12 inches from the air conditioner. This created a "chill zone" for the person sleeping in this bed, but it wasn't so bad that it impaired sleep. 2) An outside security light shined directly at the window, and even after pulling the curtains shut tightly, there was still a crack of light coming through into the room. Again, though, still not enough to impair sleep.
Overall, it was a very good stay. I would recommend this hotel. Also, if you're looking for a place to eat, try the Main Street Pizzeria. It's very close to the hotel on 441 and you can dine-in or carry-out. Our pizza was delicious and service was excellent.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dillard Hotel Dillard
- Holiday Inn Express Dillard Hotel
- Holiday Inn Dillard
- Dillard Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Dillard Hotel is a quality excellence award winning hotel. We are centrally located to Highlands, NC, Helen, GA, Cherokee NC, and the NE GA Mountians.We are the only Hotel in Dillard that has a indoor heated pool and hottub and All rooms have refrigerators,microwaves, irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, 25 inch color remote control cable TV with HBO,Stars, Encore,and Cinamax.Two line phones with data ports. Fax and copy service. Additional hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls as well as free daily newspapers. Visit Dillard, GA and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. Located near Ingles Clayton, Sky Valley Golf course, Black Rock Moutain State Park, Foxfire Museum, Dillare House Family Restaurant and Kingwood Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dillard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.