“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Valley Inn

Save Saved
You added Mountain Valley Inn to your Saves list
Mountain Valley Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Royalty Lane, Dillard, GA 30537 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn - Dillard)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Dillard
Jupiter
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Don't be fooled by the price. The Mountain Valley Inn in Dillard is a great value. Clean, convenient, good staff. My wife and I were traveling from Macon to Hignlands and didn't want to drive route 64 in NC after dark. The MVI was perfect. Older motel but the bathroom was clean, beds were good and staff was friendly and helpful. Not much going on in Dillard but the stay was OK. Would definitely recommend for a short stay. Good value for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Montverde, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We looked for places in and around Clayton and Dillard Georgia for a short stay and landed here.

Looking in and around we were very supprised in the location, it was quite, no road noise and the building is tight. The comfort of the bedding was far above some of the "Name Brands" and to say it was clean would be an under-statement. Both of our rooms had microwaves and fridges and the layout was functional and spacious.

Check in and out was a pleasure. We did not do the breakfast in that we had other plans.

I will stay here again and suggest to others that when headed to Dillard or the surrounding area this is the best value for your money and a good nights rest can be found here.

Room Tip: we stayed in the right center downstairs, it was quite piecefull.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Riverview, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had 2 rooms with a king bed in each, and we stayed 2 nights. One room was upstairs and one was on ground level. There were only a few other guests so there was no-one above, below, or on either side of either room. When they cleaned the room above us, you could certainly hear them walking around and vacuuming, etc. The second floor may be the better choice if there are a lot of guests.
The rooms were large and clean. The building was obviously old, but the rooms were bright and in good shape, The shower had the best pressure and volume of any room we've stayed in for quite some time. The bed linnens were clean and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were a bit stiffer than we are used to, so we used ones the we brought with us.
The rooms set back a ways from the road so noise was minimal. The property was well lit and we felt safe the whole time we were there. There is a very small play area and pool that appeared to be well maintained (it was raining so we didn't get to use it).
The breakfast was very basic with a toaster and several types of bread, several types of cereal, bagels, and danish.
These rooms worked well for us - and at $40/night it was great.
Be sure to eat at the Cupboard cafe next door!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was skeptical of the Mountain Valley Inn because of the price, but I knew I was traveling with my older dog and needed a place to stay that would be accommodating. There was only a $10 per night pet fee. They even changed rooms for me to the bottom floor to make it easier on my dog so she didn't have to go up and down the steps. I thought the rooms would smell since it is pet friendly but they didn't at all. At first I didn't see much grass for pets to use the bathroom but if you go around to the back of the inn there is a huge open grass area with a beautiful mountain view. There is nothing built behind this inn which is amazing. The rooms were basic with a small shower and small sink area but if you are just sleeping in your hotel at night and traveling during the day this place is perfect. The front office staff were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely be staying here again and soon!

Room Tip: I had a downstairs room and every now and then you could hear the people walking above you, but you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Millbrook, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were worried about this hotel due the cost to stay being so low. We were surprised to find friendly staff, very clean and comfortable room. We will definitely be returning to stay here. They had beautiful grounds, pool, playground, all the amenities that you expect at name brand hotel. Even had continental breakfast. Try a stay here. Its very inexpensive you too will be amazed!

• Stayed August 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

We didn't stay here but after an awful dinner at the Dillard house the night before we took a chance here at their BBQ/Italian restaurant. The place looks like a dive but the food and service were incredible. My daughter and I had burgers while my wife had a grilled cheese. It tasted better than eating at a cheesesteak or any other chain. The kind of burger you don't want to forget. Even the tater tots and fries were fresh not frozen. and I couldn't empty my soda cup they were that fast. We took a pizza home for snacks later and boy did they not disappoint. Even though we were on vacation, this is the kind of place you want to bring back home with you.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Mountain Valley Inn? Share your experiences!