“Better than expected” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Decatur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
RICHMOND HILL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 in Decatur, GA, during a recent trip for a business conference. The Super 8 was recommended in our conference registration materials due to its close proximity to the conference hall. Accordingly, I felt it was a good risk, since I never stay at one or two star hotels. Upon arriving, I was checked in by a nice desk clerk, who issue my key cards. Upon opening the door of my assigned room, I found it to be "old hotel" and in serious need of a renovation, somewhat musty, but clean, nonetheless. Upon inspection, I found that the HBO directory had expired and the little card that gives you all the TV channel listings was bent and wilted, obviously used as a coaster by a previous guest. The carpet did not feel clean, but sort of stiff and sticky. The bed was very lumpy and totally uncomfortable; however the sheets and spread appeared to be clean nicely made. Pillows were adequate. I did not get a good night's sleep, to say the least. The clock radio worked, but controls to set the alarm did not function well. It was obvious someone spilled something sticky on the controls of the radio at one point and whatever it was seeped into the knobs, causing them to stick. Breakfast was a total joke. I was told at check-in that breakfast was continental style. The next morning I attended breakfast at 6 a.m. and noting was laid out. Nothing was fresh except for a few green bananas. The cinnamon rolls were packaged in cellophane and were hard and cheap. There was no orange juice and no bagels. Cereal was available, but I did not any because I was afraid that roaches might have had access to it. It was as if the owners did not want anyone to eat breakfast and was making it as unappetizing as possible (to save a dollar). During the second night of my stay, drunken negroes kept walking through the parking lot of the Super 8, yelling up at the guest rooms, and talking loud among themselves in the parking lot, in total disregard of people trying to sleep. I was actually afraid that my car might get broken in-to. Apparently there are no staff persons on hand at night to monitor such activity, and when I mentioned the disturbance to the proprietor (who was from India), he did not apologize and seemed totally unconcerned. Would I stay there again ... yes ... but only as a last freaking resort. At $67 per night (discounted for the conference) it was cheap, but $50, for this room, would have been more reflective of the amenities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Decatur Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Decatur Downtown

Address: 917 Church St., Decatur, GA 30030
Location: United States > Georgia > Decatur
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Decatur Downtown 2*
Welcome to the Super 8 in Downtown Decatur, GA. Our newly renovated hotel is in the heart of the downtown area where shopping, restaurants, and more are just blocks away. Start your day off energized by visiting our fitness center or enjoying our SuperStart breakfast with Fresh waffles, fruit, yogert, connamon rolls, and more. If you're in town to visit Emory University, it's just minutes away. We look forward to welcoming you to the Super 8 in Downtown Decatur, GA. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Expedia so you can book your Super 8 Decatur Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Decatur Downtown Hotel Decatur
Super Eight Decatur
Decatur Super Eight
Decatur Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Decatur Downtown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.