“GREAT STAFF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory

You added Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory to your Saves list
Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Clairemont Avenue, Decatur, GA 30030 (Formerly Holiday Inn Decatur Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“GREAT STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Me and my bf stayed here for 8nights and we really enjoyed it. The location is great but the staff really makes this place. Everyone was genuinely nice and would go out of there way to help us with any questions we had. Roger at the front desk was phenomenal and always ready to help us!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The staff at this hotel could not have been more wonderful. I must especially mention Syreeta and Leda at the front desk for "saving my life" concerning an Ipad (loaded with tons of personal and financial information) that I left behind in my room after checking out. Returning to the hotel the morning after I discovered this predicament, I was so fortunate that they were able to immediately retrieve the Ipad from housekeeping. The housekeepers for our Room 415 should also be commended for their honesty and helpfulness. The room was extremely clean, hotel beautiful and location absolutely perfect for a weekend in downtown Decatur.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our experience with this spacious architectural wonder was delightful, overall.

The lobby was mind-blowing, with halogens strung to emphasize the lofty ceilings and the grand largesse of the remodeled structure. Breathtaking! The staff was finely tuned, well-trained and exceptionally gracious. Our corner room, #327, was spacious, well-appointed and had a stunning view. This was a GREAT treat, after a week in a small NYC room.

Our only issue was the inability to print from our Mac laptop, and the spottiness of the Wi-Fi. We were preparing a eulogy and wanted to print a clean draft. We wound up re-typing it and printing it on the PC in the lobby, as the Tech crew didn't arrive until 8 am, too late for our event.

This is a GRAND, warm and wonderful hotel, centrally located in the Decatur area. We will highly recommend, but ONLY for family and social....not geared for intense business needs!

Best, and glowing about this hotel,
Rita Mitchell-Waldoff

Room Tip: Our corner room 327 was divine!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed here the week of New Years Eve and had such a nice time. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. We had a minor issue with the ceiling leaking one day and we were immediately moved to another room and given credit for our troubles. There is a nice little indoor pool if you want to relax, a lobby bar and plenty of TV's and computers to keep you entertained while waiting. Very clean and modern.

Room Tip: I like the hotel lobby view room. It was pretty cool to look out the window and see the inside of th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

"I was in Decatur for a weekend seminar the last weekend of January. I found the hotel to be very spacious and clean and pleasant. I asked for a room on a high floor away from the elevators, and Roger at check-in honored my request and gave me a room on the 4th floor with a street view. The room was VERY quiet, spacious, and extremely clean. The bathroom was well-sized and clean. Every employee that I interacted with was friendly, cheerful and helpful, including the bartender at the restaurant and all front desk staff, especially Roger, who went above and beyond to make my stay most comfortable and pleasant. Knowing I was a solo traveler for the weekend, he made sure I had transportation to my seminar, restaurant advice, parking assistance and arranged a late check out for me without a problem. I felt the staff really worked hard to meet the needs of their guests. The hotel is really perfect for a business traveler with all of amenities, its huge lobby and workstations with plenty of outlets, and its fitness center looked spacious and had a good number of machines. Since it is so convenient (walking distance) to great restaurants and shops, I didn't eat many meals there but the one salad I had was decent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely go back solo or with my family."

Room Tip: Rooms facing outside, not inside lobby, are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Room Tip: Some rooms face inward to the lobby; if there's an event it would probably be a bit noisy, so if...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
New Port Richey, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed in this hotel recently and used their parking garage and unfortunately we had our car broken into. Unknown to us was that the garage is not owned by the hotel but the city of Decatur. As to where else you could park is a good question. The hotel management was very nice to us and comped our next night while we investigated having our glass fixed in the vehicle and dealing with police reports. The hotel on it's own it very nice but just be aware of the parking situation and take everything that you own to your room. The parking garage does not have anyone on duty after 6:30 to watch the comings and goings of people.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory? Share your experiences!