“Great food, a bit hot in the back, valet parking” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Decatur, Georgia
“Great food, a bit hot in the back, valet parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food is upscale southern. They're now only open for lunch on weekends, so we do brunch on Sundays. The hash casserole and mini pumpkin muffins are delicious. We are always seated in the back, and the glass walls/ceiling can make it a bit hot. It's also hard to navigate with uneven floors and narrow hallways. Adds a lot of charm, so very worth a weekend visit.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Not the place it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friends and I went here the other night and found the experience to be less than satisfying. The service was poor and the food not very good. And the place was empty on a Saturday night. We expressed concerns about our food to the server who seemed to not even care. The sad part is this restaurant used to be very good and crowded.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice atmosphere, solid food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Have been to Wahoo! several times, pretty solid experience each time. Parking always looks a little iffy, through a dirt lane to the back but nothing bad so far. Went on a Thursday this week, plenty of open seats but probably 60-70% full. Inside was smoky and smelly but the garden seating is delightful, especially on the beautiful evening we had. We had three appetizers, crab cake, crab bisque, and fish tacos, all pretty good. I had the paella for main dish, it was close to authentic in that they are using the right rice and chorizo, and a good amount of seafood. But I like to have it served in one of these dishes where it is baked in, and that was not the case here. The portion was also quite small but then a big hunk of roasted chicken is plopped on top. Sorry, this is more like chicken-with-a-paella-side than a real paella. The server was good but beer knowledge was lacking. My friend asked for a "local light beer", and she recommended "Ode to Mercy", not even close to light. It is not cheap but prices are fair.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Latham, NY
“Just not the experience I expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Dined w/ wife and our adult son. They thoroughly enjoyed their salmon and ahi tuna dishes. The server, a rookie for sure, delivered scallops and immediately knew she had not gotten my paella order correct. After a scramble in the kitchen -open kitchen concept can work against you- I patiently awaited my dinner. Finally the chef suddenly appeared from behind me and served me my "paella" without a word and disappeared. The dish contained no sausage nor scallops, only shrimp, mussels and a leg/thigh deep-fried chicken combo ( which was actually a bit innovative when scrambling to crank out a 4 minute dinner). Anyway, the server apologized and it was just ok, so we survived. The wine pours are skimpy. Anyway, the prices here are not cheap, so I just expected a lot more.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Decatur, Georgia
“The kind of place you visit again and again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The fact that we go to this restaurant about 3 times a wk., says it all! The atmosphere is so warm and inviting and the chef is creative and uses the freshest ingredients! What a deal they have between 5:00-7:00 at the bar - 2 for the price of 1 appetizers - some of which are portions large enough for a meal. Pam is the perfect owner - she knows and cares about her customers. We love Wahoo!

• Visited March 2014