“For first-rate French cuisine in Decatur, try Cafe Alsace.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“For first-rate French cuisine in Decatur, try Cafe Alsace.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

On a recent visit to Decatur, Ga., my sister took my wife and I to Cafe Alsace. This tiny restaurant, which feels authentic, has the cuisine to match. The soups, both standards, such as Onion, and more exotic ones, such as Chestnut, were delicious. Several of us had a crepe filled with a creative variety of seafood, goat cheese and veggies. Service was attentive. Although I had little room, I couldn't resist the Pear tart, which was terrific. I look forward to dining here again on my next visit to Decatur.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Decatur, GA
“Our favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family all loves Cafe Alsace and we have been frequent visitors for the past 15 years. The food is always outstanding, the owner and staff delightful and professional people and the ambience give you the feeling of both being in France and being in someone's home. My favorites here are pate, the freshly made pie, Spaetzle Alsacienne, Choucroute Garnie and cassoulet.

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“I've always loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Whenever I need a 'hit' of France this is my go-to place...it is so authentic from the color scheme, to the wall decor, the food and several French-speaking staffers...I've eaten at bistros just like this in France so many times. It's the best.

Visited September 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“Alsace ecstasy in Georgia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We just returned from Alsace, France and went to the Alsace Cafe in Decatur to enjoy the memories of the trip---the ambiance, the menu, the food, the wine and the service are exactly the same as in France. It was excellent from the appetizers to the dessert. Plan to relax and enjoy the evening because there is no rush and the service is excellent.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“How I miss paris.......when I need a dose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I dont gett there often enough.. Always a delight. Now that I write t realize I am past due to visit again. I cant say I have a favorite item....but I have never had a bad or even average one. Always top notch. Coffee is wonderful. Deserts devine. But I love the savory appetizers the best.

• Visited July 2012