“Best brisket in town” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Princeton, New Jersey
“Best brisket in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This and Fox Bros BBQ are my go to places for sliced brisket. The advantage here is that I love the side dishes and they're not super spicy like at FB. My favorite sides are the collard greens (kale is another option), mac and cheese, and sweet potato chips. If you like ice cream, they usually have a homemade flavor every day (yum).

My neighbor says their Cuban sandwich is very good but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet as I keep going back for the brisket. I've also tried the burnt ends option once for brisket and enjoyed it. It was a guilty pleasure as it was fatty, which also means it wasn't the lowest fat option.

The place is very casual, serves quickly, is family friendly, and can accommodate large groups easily. It has a bar and decent wine offerings. There are a few parking spaces in front. Once those are full, you keep driving and end up parking on the side which is the dead-end of a short street.

• Visited October 2012

Hotlanta
“They need to google Burnt Ends”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The family was very excited about this place due to the vegetarian/vegan options as well as the meat.

We were very disapointed.

They advertise Burnt Ends on their menu and it looked exactly like my kid's sliced brisket and the plate portion of burnt ends was the same size as the kids portion of sliced brisket.

Try googling Burnt Ends so you can find out what they are supposed to look and taste like.

My wife didn't really care for her veggie options.

Will not return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thunderbolt
“Best BBQ Ever! And the Sides - Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My daughter took me to Burnt Fork after warning me that I'd become addicted. She was right! I've never tasted better BBQ, and I've tasted a lot. I had the pulled pork plate with collard greens and Brunswick Stew. All were excellent. Friends who were with us said the mac & cheese is also excellent. They have several sauces for different tastes. I highly recommend this place. It's not fancy, but the food is great and that's what a good BBQ place is all about.

On the downside, the parking was a bit difficult, but I'll know how to deal with it next time. Don't let this deter you. I just wanted to give a bit of warning. I'm ready to go back!

• Visited June 2012
Decatur, GA
“Best BBQ in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I'm surprised that the reviews for this place are not higher than they are. Kudos to a restaurant in the South striving to make locally-sourced, organic ingredients a mainstay. The owners clearly have a passion for what they do, and it comes through in the food. Expect to pay a little more for higher quality food.
The meats are all smoked and the breads are homemade. Everything is made from scratch. My husband and I have been going here since the day it opened, and the quality of the food has been consistent, if not improved.
BBQ is served "dry", ie., not smothered in sauce, which is the sign of a cook who isn't afraid to showcase the flavors of the meat itself. There are a number of sauces to choose from that range from different regions of the South.
Vegan options are also available, and the BBQ tofu is quite something. I'm not a vegetarian, but it is quite good.
A variety of sides that range from meaty to vegan are provided. Go here. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arizona
“New Barbeque in Decatur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We heard about Burnt Fork from friends, and I've now been twice. The pulled pork is very lean & quite good.They make/bake they're own bread and it seems like food is mostly organic, is locally scourced and freshly prepared. They have 4 different sauces which are color coded to a chart on the napkin holder. The Kale and collard green sides are excellent I'm told and the brunswick stew very good, albeit VERY spicy. Homemade ice cream of the day is a nice finish. They also have vegetarian hush puppies and beer by the bottle. The decor & atmosphere are not much, but the food is worth going for. We'll be back.

• Visited April 2012