“Yummy lunch with my teenage daughter” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 289 Restaurants in Decatur
Atlanta
“Yummy lunch with my teenage daughter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My daughter and I popped in for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon. There was only 1 customer seated, and our order came up quickly. We shared an order of Brushcetta (2 large pieces for each of us) and a Margherita pie. Yummy! Thin crust, slightly charred on the edges. Fresh tomato sauce, basil and cheese. It was fun to watch the wood-burning stove, and listen to the proprietors speaking Italian. Took me back to that awesome Italian vacation I took with my husband before kids. This is authentic Italian, and may be an acquired taste for teens who have never had the real thing.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“My hometown fav!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I like in Atlanta, so I frequent this restuarant often. My husband lived in Napoli for years and vouches for its authenticity. Everything is awesome, but the pizza is truly original with a taste that just can't be duplicated without their imported Italian ingrediants and oven.
It's affordable and has it's own parking lot, a luxury so close to Decatur Square. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best pizza trampled by the loudest "atmosphere"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

This may arguably be the best pizza from arguably the loudest restaurant in the region. If not for the relentless cacophony, I would have given it 4.5 stars. Consider: wood-burning stove direct from Naples, Italy; all fresh ingredients; perfect crust; proprietors with real Italian roots. BUT the noise level was so high the night we were there that everyone in the place had to yell to reach dinner companions just 3 feet across the table from them. Why? Because there is Not~One~Thing in the place that absorbs noise: no carpet, no tablecloths, no acoustic ceiling tiles, no tapestries on the cinder-block walls; and with bare wood paneling. On top of that, there is fairly loud music playing that you can only "hear" when the fewest number of people are shouting. Finally, the heavy wooden chairs have unadorned leg bottoms that shriek about 135 decibels of nerve-assaulting noise when they are pulled or pushed, like fingernails on a chalkboard. Even a school cafeteria has better ambiance than this. What a sublimely delicious, onerously stressful meal-- Heavenly food in Hell. So, to ENJOY their great pizza, eat outside or do takeout. (The noise could be tamed if the owners really wanted to....)

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Italian Food Hits Decatur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We have dinned two times at Sapori di Napoli since it opened then end of July and both timese were equally as good. The service outstanding and attitude was awesome. Our first order did not come as exactly ordered and when the waitress noticed (we deviated from a menu item and asked for half of a margherita and half spicey salami...now who would let you do that?) we had another pizza sitting in front of us with 5 minutes. WOW, that was impressive. Both were very tastey. The dough could have used a pinch more of salt for my tastes, however, my friend said no. So I guess it's ones opinion.

The second visit we had the Insalata Mista Sapori. It was hugh and full of many good tastes, mix lettuce, tomato, avacado, black olives, mix nuts, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil. We also split a sandwich which was extremely good. It was a mozzarella, speck and arugala warmed between pizza bread. Both were so good there we no leftovers.

We can't wait to go for dinner. Homemade pastas and a special pasta each evening. A must try.

The next trip will consist of partaking in the Misto Fritto which is a mix of: eggplant ball, arancini, calzoncini ripieni(miniture calzones).

• Visited September 2011