“A Quaint Gem In Decatur” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sprig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 289 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lavista and Clairmont Rd.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“A Quaint Gem In Decatur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Tucked away in a strip mall, Sprig was a pleasant surprise and a tasty find in the city of Decatur, Georgia. We had brunch/lunch and it was very good. The Turkey Panini was cheesy, which made me happy, was absolutely delicious. To be honest the temperature of the Panini could have been warmer and I did mention it to my server. She offered to have it sent back however due to my hunger factor and that it was warm, I kept munching away. The accompanying French Fries were crisp and served hot and their homemade pickles were crunchy and quite tasty. The staff was pleasant and efficient which is always appreciated. This farm to table restaurant has a quirky indoor decor with the drink menu featured on a huge chalkboard. I'm definitely going to go back to try out their dinner offerings and plan to have another positive experience at Sprig and highly suggest that you do the same.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mississippi
“Farm to Table Fare Well Prepared”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This restaurant was chosen for Sunday Brunch in late July. I would go back over and over. There is nothing like a BLT done their way: a perfectly fried thick green tomato slice, applewood smoked bacon, fresh lettuce and an optional dollop of pimento cheese. I chose fresh fruit as my side. I was so into my meal, I cannot comment on others at the table. All did enjoy their choices. I closed it out with a flour less chocolate cake. Perfect.

• Visited July 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good food - excellent hostess & bar staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Went to Sprig based on a local foodies recommendation - didnt disappoint! Good selection of wines and beer with a friendly bar staff. Food was excellent, although they were out of shellfish (reason was discriminating requirements & their normal supplier was delayed with delivery). Started w/ Caesar salad and then had salmon (rare and awesome) with grits and cheese tater tots (awesome)!

• Visited June 2013
Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
“Great Meal 5/24/13”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a truly wonderful meal at Sprig, trout for Liz and redfish for me followed by biegnets. Great food!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“A bucket full of "meh"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I really, really wanted to like this place. The bio is cool; farm to table, everything made in house, etc. We arrived at 7PM on a Friday and place was fairly empty. We sat outside and were greeted pretty promptly.
In word, I found the entire experience pretty underwhelming. We ordered the smoked deviled eggs and grill oysters, listed on menu as having lemon, garlic, chili flake on a bed of rock salt. The rock salt was there and one of the oysters had a little chili flake on it. They ranged in size from that of my thumbnail to nearly that of a deck of cards and were equally inconsistently cooked. None of the flavors described on the menu were present, they were barely warm, and without any liquor or any moisture at all. I asked for some lemon when I could finally get me server's attention (it took a couple of tries). My wife and I agreed that the smoked deviled eggs were without a hint of smokey flavor. There was preserved fig and homemade crackers on the plate that were both good.
We also had the trout dip, which is awesome if you're a fan of cream cheese. That is pretty much what it tasted like. The root vegetable chips consisted of potato chips (nicely cooked), beet and sweet potato chips (both overcooked and bitter, sugar in these vegetables makes them prone to over cooking).
The fried pickles with onion straws were nicely cooked but a piece of calamari found its way into the dish (thankfully I'm not allergic to seafood).
The spring vegetable quinoa salad with a citrus coriander vinaigrette was also lacking. It lacked in acidity, seasoning, flavor.
All in all, it was pretty disappointing. There was not a single dish we had that they nailed and service was challenged. The server did not know the grapes in white blend from Oregon. I asked her to find out and a moment later someone came out and asked if I wanted to know about the chardonnay. The wine was a bit warm for a white wine and I had to ask for a bucket so it didn't get warmer. The wine list was nice enough and reasonably priced. Farm to table is cool, everything from scratch is cool, but in the end you need to have flavor of the plate and good execution, which was definitely missing. We left much of our food uneaten and spent $100.

• Visited May 2013