“Hairy Experience In More Ways Than One....” 1 of 5 stars

Country Hearth Inn - Decatur
2945 Gus Place, Decatur, GA 30034   |
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Scottsville, Ky
“Hairy Experience In More Ways Than One....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

I've wrote a few reviews on Trip Advisor and can't remember giving a terrible, but our family had quite the bad experience at this hotel.

Firstly, though the hotel is located right beside the interstate it is impossible to find. Once you turn off of I 20 make sure to look quickly to the right for the turn. It took us a couple of passes.

Secondly, after finally finding the turn, we had to take a street that looked much like it was going to Jimmy Hoffa's grave. On top of that, a few suspious characters lurked about and my son and wife were not at all comfortable. We almost left but decided to give it a try. The situation was a little hairy.

The towels were A LOT hairy. Only one did not have a long hair attached. Yeesh! It made my skin crawl. The rest of the room wasn't too bad and the beds were relatively comfortable and clean. The hairs really got to me. We had come from a long day at the Masters in Augusta or I would have complained directly. And I should have anyway. I really, really would avoid this hotel but maybe you guys will have a better experience.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

I stayed for 10 days and I thought it to be an outstanding value. Rooms had refrigerator and microwaves as will as wireless Internet. Had about 50 channels of TV including HBO. It was convenient to I20 (east) and I285. This is a working section of Atlanta so there is nothing near the Inn except fast food, BK, KFC, McD etc. A Kroger grocery store is nearby. I chose it because it was near the job site where I was working and I checked it out on this web site (after gooleing). I recommend it if you need to stay in this area of Atlanta or need a nice place to stay as you pass through Atlanta. The breakfast is fair: juicy, cereal, and sweet rolls, etc. The room I stayed in had a king size bed, small sofa, and writing desk. This is a nice, clean motel. PS. No Pool

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

I have stayed in alot of hotels but this one was by far the cleanest hotel i have ever stayed in. The staff made me feel like i was part of thier family.

Stayed May 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2003

I called and made reservations for a room for myself and my family. We arrived at 3:30 am(August 15, 2003) and the clerk had no knowledge of our reservations. We paid for a room and when we got in the room it was 98 degrees in the room!! I attempted to turn on the A/C and nothing! I went down to the office to request a room that was already cool and had working air. The clerk explained that the air in the room works but he had to turn it on from the office. I aksed if any of the empty rooms were already cool and he replied "NO...you will have to give it time". I tried to explain to the guy that his plan was insane and certainly not customer friendly and he put up his hand to "shoosh me"!! I promptly requested a refund and left! I have NEVER been treated so rudely!! I would STRONGLY advise EVERYONE, (even people I don't like) to stay away from this DUMP! I went down the street to the Howard Johnson's and got a BETTER room for $20 a night cheaper than the Ramada and the "Ho Jo" has a swimming pool. The rooms were nice and clean and cool! You get breakfast in the lobby in the morning! I will NEVER EVER EVER patronize a Ramada establishment again! I'll sleep in the Car first!

Been to Country Hearth Inn - Decatur? Share your experiences!