“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Valley Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dawsonville
Paradise Valley Resort
49 Valley Dr, Dawsonville, GA 30534   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Dawsonville
Epworth, Georgia
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We love this place. Great clientel...Great food...Great fun!!!! We plan to go back to Paradise Valley on a regular basis as we have made lots if great friends here. Paradise Valley plans some great events throughout the year and they go all out and do an excellent job.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

First of all they need to clean out the air conditioner filters. The motel room we were in actually made the wife sick for the days we were there. I guess they just think people will put up with whatever. Now about the reosrt itself. Very nice set-up, but the locals are not very friendly at all which is suprising for nudist. I guess if you want to try a new experience and you are close by swing in and give it a try. WE WILL NEVER go back, but that does not mean you should not try it at least once. Better luck than we had!

Room Tip: No idea - but if the room smells - as for a new room otherwise you may end up as sick as the wife di...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We have never been anywhere like this so I was a little nervous taking my wife who can be shy. Very polite at check in and hotel room was clean but outside tv and coffee pot there is nothing else so take a hair dryer. But after we went over to the pool and bar and met the regulars, we had so much fun, it is extremely well managed, and ee van not wait to go back. She score her bottoms which made her feel comfortable and others did too so women looking to go but worried, do not worry. When pulling up to the hotel do not let the first impression from the parking lot concern you, what you will find out is what worries you at first is charm later, also ladies take something extra sexy for the club at night the dance club was a ball too. Thanks to the regulars there our experience could mpg have been any better and we will be back

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I am a single traveler and stayed 2 nights over 4th of July holiday as my first visit. The resort, staff and guests all exceeded my expectations and had a wonderful time! The staff were all friendly and helpful, most of the resort facilities and new and well maintained. I was a little shy at first but soon felt at home when it was clear the regulars were all genuinely open and friendly. I stayed in a codo that was very nice, clean, nicely furnished and reasonably priced. All in all this place is a 10 out of 10 - nice work guys.

Now for a few observations: 1. The pool water was not clear all 3 days I was there. It would look so much nicer if the water was crystal clear; and I get concerned about less that crystal water at public pools. The water in the hot tubs is crystal. 2. Maybe some classier and quiet music especially in the mornings - say before noon... I guess the rockin' head bangin' music is OK at party time but really think some quieter, classical and new age would be classier in the mornings and late evenings. 3. A fitness center with some weight training machines would help keep all those hard bodies looking good :) I would need a fitness center to maintain my workouts if I were to stay longer than a few days.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I can not say enough about this place. This was our first time and appearance. When we arrived, the front desk was soooo friendly and informative. We rented the platform tent and loved it. We were location near everything (pool, restaurant, club, shower/bathroom). The guest and regulars made us feel so comfortable and right at home. The food was delicious and very reasonable for the amount and variety. The waitress Roxy was awesome. The drinks and music was diverse and great and not too loud. We danced the night away and had a wonderful experience. The resort is beautiful with a lot of upgrades and renovations. We definitely will be returning because we felt right at home!

• Stayed May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Paradise Valley an evening after participating in their annual Fig Leaf 5K. All-in-all I had a great time but I did have a few reservations. First, there were 2 people in the jacuzzi (both non-members who were new to nudism/the resort - and had just met) who felt the jacuzzi was their personal swinger suite. Most of the other people in the jacuzzi took a blind eye to it until management finally had to step in and tell them to stop or leave. I was happy when this happened but felt it should have happened way sooner. I certainly don't think it should be a reflection of the regulars there but do feel management should be more aware of things like that as some people really are there just for the nudism aspect.

Other than that, everyone I met was extremely nice. This was my first time at a nudist resort and within minutes my reservations about my body and being naked around strangers disappeared as it felt like hanging out with old friends. I would note that if you chose to stay the evening and go to some of the parties, it can get a little wild. It's a very close knit community of friends and yes, there seemed to be more than a few swingers. I have no problem with this as it's just not my lifestyle but just something to be aware of. The room was really nice as was the bar/pool area. The buffets were actually better than I expected and for the price, a great deal I thought. The prices at the bar were very reasonable as well.

I definitely plan on going back but I just hope that next time management will keep a better eye out for inappropriate behaviour by some of the newbies.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

As the title says we had a great time! I went with my girlfriend over the thanksgiving weekend and other than the cold night time temps it was quite pleasant. It was our first time to the valley and actually our first time to any nude/ clothing optional resort. We stayed in the standard motel room and is suited our needs perfectly. Each room has a nice tv with direct tv in it and it looked as though they had some recent renovations. The resort itself was very nice and well maintained even for off-season. There was one indoor hot tub up and running which is were we spent most of our evenings and the pools were clean and filtering but had no heating units running so they stayed at about 60 degrees (didn't do a lot of swimming).

All the people there were very polite and friendly. We were even invited to a big thanksgiving feast hosted by some of the permanent residence. We did very much like the fact that it was a very couple and female oriented facility and hope it will remain that way to avoid the single male awkwardness and gawking. So far the only down side was that there was a single male traveler staying in the same area as us that made my girlfriend uncomfortable most of the time he was around, (like he seemed to be more than just looking) but for the most part we were able to avoid him and go about our business.

We did have a solid day of radiant sunshine and definitely took advantage of it with a couple hours of laying out on one of their many decks. Contrary to previous reviews we never had any issues with intense sexual behaviors throughout our visit. There was typical holding, kissing and hugging just as any couple in love would be, but nothing that rose any red flags.
We were nervous the first time we took off our robes and got in the hot tub with the others, but by the time we went to leave for home at the end of our trip we didn't want to go.

The ages of myself and girlfriend are in the 20-25 range and were the youngest couple there but still felt like we fit right in. We both went there with the image of a bunch of really fat, really old people but we were very happy to see that most everyone there seemed healthy, in relatively good shape, and had an equal age range from 30-up. We had such a blast and will definitely be going back sometime over the summer!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Valley Resort? Share your experiences!