“This Scotty Dog is DOOMED!” 1 of 5 stars

Hwy 53, Dawsonville, GA
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Atlanta
“This Scotty Dog is DOOMED!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our first and last visit was today. So sad because we would really love to have a great diner in Dawsonville. If only the service were good. If only the food was edible. If only it were clean. My wife and I stopped in on the way home from a movie to grab a bite to eat. What a disappointment. My wife ordered a Ruben on rye with fries. Greasy and Pepper Jack cheese on a Ruben, REALLY? Not able to finish that one. The fries were greasy as if they were not fried in oil that was hot enough. I tried the burger with onion rings. Wow, overcooked dried out poor quality meat, just not edible and served on a cold bun. I could barely finish half. Onion rings were just as bad as the fries. Almost warm and very greasy. I ordered a Greek salad which was actually the best thing I had. It had crisp, cold and fresh lettuce, lots of feta and olives. The Greek dressing was very acidic and not like the real thing. We would love to see this place succeed. For that to happen though you have to have good quality food you have to provide good service and above all your establishment has to be clean. The Scotty Dog Café possesses none of those qualities. To the owner so sorry. You should be on site and talking to your customers if your even interested in being around much longer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dawsonville, Georgia
“Don't Waste Time or Money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I would love for this place to be great since we are local and it is convenient, but..... UGHH! I have tried it three times now and nasty is being nice. The food is microwaved from what I can tell... and cheap ingredients it seems. The nacho chips are likely from a cheap dollar brand bag with Pace's warm salsa. The quesadilla tasted microwaved with burnt edges.

My child had the "charcoal burger" experience. I asked for it to be returned and it had pink raw bleeding meat inside the second time. They said "sorry" and their cook was "new" and blew it off...not acceptable when my kid ends up with food poisoning!! It took about 30 minutes to recook so we didn't want to wait again so I just paid and left the raw meat on the plate and left!

Waitress service was less than minimal, not friendly and prices are too high for the quality. I had to get up myself to get sweetener because she would not return. Hopefully, the manager/owner will read this and make corrections and also deal with their poor wait staff. Otherwise, I don't recommend wasting your money and time and I wait for the building to stand empty again....

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Go On By This One”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I passed the Scottie Dog Cafe and thought maybe it was run by someone from Scotland, wrong, not even close, but my wife and I decided to stop for lunch. From the outside it looks promising but once inside it seems to go downhill. We seated ourselves, there were several booths taken and the waitress came over with menu's. We ordered fish and chips with side salad, salad was good but little dressing and when the fish and chips came out they were heavily battered and fried, I've had much better at Capt'n D's, we had no silverware to eat with, we could not get our waitress so asked another, no results, I got up and went to the cashier and asked and she said she would send our waitress over, still waiting, our waitress was at a table in the back folding napkins. Service here was poor to none, it was not a clean place when we visited and the bathrooms needed attention, not clean and no soap. This is the 3rd or 4th business to occupy this space and all have failed due to poor food quality and service and from our visit this one may also, we will not be going back, Blue Bicycle here we come. I hope things will change at the Scottie Dog but first comes service and then the quality of the food needs to be better.

• Visited March 2013