“Dinner at Kani House” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Dinner at Kani House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I decided to finally check out Kani House in Dawsonville. We moved here a couple of months ago and have not had time to get out much. My wife had Sushi and a glass of wine with miso soup and I had a dinner special with a Japanese beer. It came with a small salad and small desert. Just enough to not over do it.

The atmosphere was great, the service was friendly and efficient, and the food was excellent. We look forward to eating at the sushi bar or hibachi next time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jasper, Georgia
“Budget version of Bennihana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The food was good but not great. I had the sushi and it was fine, but the rolls were a bit light on the fish and heavy on the sauce. The rest of the group had the habachi. The "show" was the usual but with not as much enthusiasm as you would like. They had several empty tables but sat us with 2 other groups to fill up a table. The way the seating was arranged made converstation within our group difficult and a gentleman from the group next to ours kept joining in on our conversation. Next time I would ask for a regular table and skip the "show" so we could have a better time just enjoying dinner and conversation with friends. It is close by and I love sushi so I am sure we will go back, but if there were other options in the area I probably wouldn't.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Georgia
“Horrible Service AGAIN!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

After being shoved in the back room It took us 10 min b4 a server came to our table. After I had to wait 10 more min for the waitress to bring us a sushi paper after asking for it twice. We ordered 7 rolls of sushi to eat there & habachi for takeout. We then waited over an hr for sushi( which was great),while another table who sat 20 min after us ordered 5 rolls of sushi got their food & was finished eating b4 we got our food. We then had to wait another 20 min for takeout after we were finished To be told by the bartender that the extra 2 orders of soup were replaced with salads because the kitchen threw away the soup. While I waited @ bar because waitress was nowhere to be found while the rest of my party waited in the car. I had to ASK for my $120.00 bill. I WILL NOT BE BACK. This is the 5th horrible svc in a row. To bad because the food is great!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Delicious and Entertaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We used to only go to Kani House for my boyfriend's birthday, and now it seems like we try to find any excuse to drive down from Dahlonega for some hibachi. The food is good, the chefs are usually funny, pulling out at least one new stunt we haven't seen. I'm not sure that I believe they're all Japanese, but they do alright in my book anyway. The service here is almost too good. There's no way you'll have to sit and wait for anything. I'd feel safe recommending this place to anyone looking for some steak/chicken/seafood on the hibachi grill.

• Visited March 2012