“Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dawsonville
NC
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

We stayed at this very nice Comfort Inn while visiting friends in the area over the hoidays. It is just across the highway from a huge outlet mall, which is a shopper's paradise. The Inn is as nice a chain hotel as I have ever been in. The people were friendly (even volunteered umbrellas to get us to our car in a driving rain), the room seemed like new--beautiful marble vanity in the bath, very comfortable beds with lots of pillows, large TV with lots of stations, a refrigerator and microwave in the room, as well as a card sized table to eat at if you choose to. If you go, check out the "5 Guys" burger place nearby. They sell two things. Burgers and fries. And it was jammed, so that tells you how good it is!

• Liked — very comforatable room, quiet, convenient, friendly, homey.
  • Disliked — Breakfast hours were over at 9 AM
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pensacola,Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

We were very pleased with the Comfort Inn in Dawsonville.
The staff were all friendly, courteous and helpful. The king size bed was comfortable, there was a loveseat that opened up into a bed if needed. The TV reception was great. There were 2 desks, plenty of lighting, a microfridge, a room safe (if needed), a small coffee maker and a coffee table.
The breakfast included juices, milk, coffee, tea, batter made waffles, fruit, cereal, boiled eggs, danish, muffins, and the southern standby - biscuits and gravy.
The next time we visit the area, we will book this hotel!!

• Liked — Comfort and safety
  • Disliked — no negative
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2006

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn, Dawsonville, for 11 days, while visiting friends in Dahlonega. The staff there are extremely friendly and do their utmost to provide excellent customer service. The rooms are very clean and provide all the amenities that you could possibly need. The beds are very comfortable. It's location is central to Dawsonville, and right across the road from the Outlet Mall. It's also very close to Dahlonega, only about 15 minutes away. It is by far the best hotel I've stayed at yet, while visiting close friends in Dahlonega. I recommend the Comfort Inn, Dawsonville to everyone!

• Liked — The Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2006

Since work had been especially stressful lately, I decided about mid-week that my dog and I would get away for a day trip, come the weekend, but that we would spend the night near our destination, Amicalola Falls State Park near Dawsonville, GA. I went to LastMinuteTravel, which pointed me to the Comfort Inn in Dawsonville.

I missed the right-hand turn to the Inn off GA 400 at first, not realizing that the Inn was so close to the Premium Outlet Mall (really just about right across the street, up just a small distance). For anyone coming to spend a day shopping there, I would most certainly recommend this particular Comfort Inn.

Since I travel with my lab mix dog, Mr. Black, I have to make sure any lodging I choose is pet friendly. The pet-friendly room (#113) they gave me was right next to the side exit by the large pet-walking area (opposite end of the Inn from the pool). This was, I must say, the most convenient location I have had yet for walking him, at any lodging where we have stayed so far. [The single exception to this would be the Mountain Creek B&B in Waynesville, NC, where (with my supervision) he was able to run free with their dogs, bounding across the large lawn and spashing in the pond, and the creek that fed it, with them.]

My king bed was comfy, the t.v. in great working order with plenty of channels, and there was a small fridge and microwave, along with a love seat (apparently a fold out twin bed? I didn't make sure) and a coffee table. There were a coffee maker and iron/board in the room, and in the lobby, free newspapers were available. I was surprised that the large Sunday Atlanta paper was also complimentary.

In the morning I enjoyed my free (meatless) breakfast, with the most pleasant view out the breakfast area's large window of a tree with bird feeders. I drank my coffee and orange juice, and ate my waffle while watching a hummingbird drink from his feeder and a pair of finches enjoy theirs, as the sun rose. Very enjoyable. I then went back to my room to enjoy reading the paper in bed. Very restful and - Comfortable!

I noticed a previous review mentioned the smallish pool. Personally, I enjoyed myself at this pool, which was very clean (another guest there remarked to me that at a previous stay in Valdosta, GA, the pool was larger but not clean and clear and refreshing as was this one). After a day of exercise trekking about Amicalola Falls (the falls were stunning, just awesome), a sunny, quiet afternoon by the pool was just the thing.

Since my room was on the ground floor, no elevator was a non-issue for me. I will be sure to request a ground floor room when I return (which I feel certain I will).

• Liked — The pet-friendly accommodation and cleanliness, along with proximity to Amicalola Falls.
  • Disliked — No negative comment; everything was just fine.
  • Tips/Secrets — Coming from Atlanta on GA 400, when you see the Premium Outlet Mall on the left, get ready to turn right! That Comfort Inn sign you see is IT!
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

Great location near restaurants and huge outlet mall on RT. 400. Motel was clean and the room was large.There is no elevator for those needing one. Staff was friendly and competent. Pillows could have been better.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2005

I expect clean, newer, hotels with good staff and a basic continental breakfast from a Confort Inn. That is what we received...no suprises.

The only negative is that they put a $1.00 safe charge on the bill and you have to request them to remove it when you check out and therefore must go to the desk to check out. I HATE that.

• Stayed May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2004

This appeared to be a fairly new hotel built in an obviously ever-expanding area of Atlanta's outer limits. I stayed here with my wife for a wedding in June of 2004 and was thoroughly disappointed. Our door key didn't work. The manager gave up trying to fix the lock and ended up changing us to another room with 2 full-size instead of a king we had reserved. She definitely had a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. The wrong bed was definitely not her problem! We came back that night to find the airconditioning dead. It was one of those 90 degree Georgia nights too. We got moved again to another room with 2 full size. The desk clerk was very rude to me and obviously did not care about satisfaction. I actually overheard her telling someone else (another customer) that I was a "cheap" expletive that wanted the whole world, and how it would be different if I was somebody paying more. Unbelievable.

This is in the top 3 worst nights I've ever spent in a hotel in my life. Probably the worst. I've never been treated so poorly by everyone in a hotel. I've been where one person or two were rude but not every single employee. I must say my opinion has changed for this chain. I have avoided them because Comfort Inn has been an unpleasant experience 3 times in a row now.

Just to include it all: There is no elevator. If you're a 75 year old war vet, hope you get a bottom floor, because you will be walking your luggage up the stairs. The swimming pool is about 12x20 feet. Quite the joke, with one table and 2 chairs. Overall, it appears that this hotel has included just the bare minimum. Even at $60, I felt cheated.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!