“Perfect for us!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Darien B&B and Inns
dallas, texas
“Perfect for us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I brought my parents to Darien so we could attend my nephews graduation from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Brunswick. It was perfect. The Inn Keeper JoAnn could not have been nicer and more accommodating. The rooms were perfect. The beds were comfortable. There are a few good dining spots within walking distance and the wine bar just down the street was a nice way to end our day. The Inn is an eclectic place to stay so if you want chain type accommodations then this is not the place for you. But if you love staying in nice, unique, fun places...then this is one of the best. We all loved it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Darien Waterfront Inn is THE choice for anyone interested in exploring the coast or the mighty Altamaha River. The location is tailor made for expeditions literally on the water and adjacent to the boat ramp. Walk to everything including the freshest local seafood. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and open to a spacious back deck overlooking the water. The staff is friendly and welcoming and the home made breakfast is fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Polk County, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We headed to southern coastal Georgia to explore and the Darien Waterfront Inn was conveniently located! Day trips included Harris Neck Wildlife Preserve; Ft. King George; St. Simon's Island and more. We explored the docks and took sunset photos along the river. We enjoyed the Brunswick stew and the crab chowder at two different local restaurants and dessert at the Purple Pickle across the street. We stayed three nights. Bed was comfy, room was clean, breakfasts were delicious and different each morning. We really appreciated the filtered water, too. Joann is fun and helpful.

Room Tip: See the website for a description of the different rooms. They all have themes.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I wrote a review a few days ago, don't see it here, so I'm sending another. I will stay here again, room was clean, view of river was most relaxing. Bed was comfy, cozy like a nest. Several restaurants within walking distance. Didn't visit wine/cheese shop, but might in the future. Innkeeper is charming as well, showed genuine concern about my comfort. Great coffee; breakfast was fresh fruit, blueberry pancakes and bacon, yum!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We drove up from Tampa Bay, specifically for a 2 night relaxation getaway - about a 5 1/2 hr. drive, but well worth the trip. The room was lovely and plenty spacious, bed was extremely comfy, back porch inviting (including a fun happy hour with neighbors from adjoining rooms on New Year's Eve). Loved the location for walking across the parking lot to Skipper's for oysters and football during the day, and the wine shop/wine bar & other restaurants in the evenings. We explored the river in kayaks for a couple of hours during the morning (peaceful once we passed I-95) and witnessed nature in abundance, including a bald eagle sighting! JoAnn's breakfasts were delicious, and she was a pleasant and gracious hostess. Definitely worth the trip for a couple of days of peace & quiet, even great for an overnight stay while traveling up & down I-95. Not your usual high rise hotel - lots of ambiance and character.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
West End, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

After carefully studying all of the choices to stay in the town chose this as it leads you to believe that it is on the waterfront. While the backporch really looks over a large parking lot with a limited waterview on the other side of a restaurant.
The bed was confortable but the air conditioning ran the entire night (while is was 50 degrees outside) and there was no access to control this situation.
While the person that was filling in for the owner while she was away was extremely nice and personable I would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DarienWaterfrontInn, Owner at Darien Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I love and am very proud of my business and I am very sorry that you did not have a positive experience at my B&B. The view from the back porch is what prompted me to quit my job, sell my house and immediately move to Darien, GA from Massachusetts 2 years ago. I realize that this quaint little town and my unique inn are not for everyone, but it is discouraging to get a negative review because I wish for everyone to love it as much as I do. I apologize for the A/C issue. I was out of town and it was an oversight on my assistant's part not to explain the individual unit in your room. I have recently equipped the rooms with individual self-controlled AC/Heat units for the comfort of all our guests. Thank you for your feedback. JoAnn Viera, owner, Darien Waterfront Inn.
suffolk, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We enjoyed two nights at the Waterfront Inn. The deck was lovely with comfortable chairs, nice view, and room for morning Yoga routine. Such a convenient location on the river with a wine shop two doors down for your cheese and wine, restaurants w/in easy walk, and very interesting bike trail around the little town of Darien. The breakfasts were very good and JoAnn was helpful with suggestions and information about the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Darien Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!