“The spot for Coastal Tours & Paddlers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Darien Waterfront Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darien
Darien Waterfront Inn
You added Darien Waterfront Inn to your Saves list
201 Broad St, Darien, GA 31305   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Darien B&B and Inns
Athens, Georgia
“The spot for Coastal Tours & Paddlers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Darien Waterfront Inn is THE choice for anyone interested in exploring the coast or the mighty Altamaha River. The location is tailor made for expeditions literally on the water and adjacent to the boat ramp. Walk to everything including the freshest local seafood. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and open to a spacious back deck overlooking the water. The staff is friendly and welcoming and the home made breakfast is fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Polk County, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We headed to southern coastal Georgia to explore and the Darien Waterfront Inn was conveniently located! Day trips included Harris Neck Wildlife Preserve; Ft. King George; St. Simon's Island and more. We explored the docks and took sunset photos along the river. We enjoyed the Brunswick stew and the crab chowder at two different local restaurants and dessert at the Purple Pickle across the street. We stayed three nights. Bed was comfy, room was clean, breakfasts were delicious and different each morning. We really appreciated the filtered water, too. Joann is fun and helpful.

Room Tip: See the website for a description of the different rooms. They all have themes.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I wrote a review a few days ago, don't see it here, so I'm sending another. I will stay here again, room was clean, view of river was most relaxing. Bed was comfy, cozy like a nest. Several restaurants within walking distance. Didn't visit wine/cheese shop, but might in the future. Innkeeper is charming as well, showed genuine concern about my comfort. Great coffee; breakfast was fresh fruit, blueberry pancakes and bacon, yum!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We drove up from Tampa Bay, specifically for a 2 night relaxation getaway - about a 5 1/2 hr. drive, but well worth the trip. The room was lovely and plenty spacious, bed was extremely comfy, back porch inviting (including a fun happy hour with neighbors from adjoining rooms on New Year's Eve). Loved the location for walking across the parking lot to Skipper's for oysters and football during the day, and the wine shop/wine bar & other restaurants in the evenings. We explored the river in kayaks for a couple of hours during the morning (peaceful once we passed I-95) and witnessed nature in abundance, including a bald eagle sighting! JoAnn's breakfasts were delicious, and she was a pleasant and gracious hostess. Definitely worth the trip for a couple of days of peace & quiet, even great for an overnight stay while traveling up & down I-95. Not your usual high rise hotel - lots of ambiance and character.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
West End, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

After carefully studying all of the choices to stay in the town chose this as it leads you to believe that it is on the waterfront. While the backporch really looks over a large parking lot with a limited waterview on the other side of a restaurant.
The bed was confortable but the air conditioning ran the entire night (while is was 50 degrees outside) and there was no access to control this situation.
While the person that was filling in for the owner while she was away was extremely nice and personable I would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DarienWaterfrontInn, Owner at Darien Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I love and am very proud of my business and I am very sorry that you did not have a positive experience at my B&B. The view from the back porch is what prompted me to quit my job, sell my house and immediately move to Darien, GA from Massachusetts 2 years ago. I realize that this quaint little town and my unique inn are not for everyone, but it is discouraging to get a negative review because I wish for everyone to love it as much as I do. I apologize for the A/C issue. I was out of town and it was an oversight on my assistant's part not to explain the individual unit in your room. I have recently equipped the rooms with individual self-controlled AC/Heat units for the comfort of all our guests. Thank you for your feedback. JoAnn Viera, owner, Darien Waterfront Inn.
suffolk, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We enjoyed two nights at the Waterfront Inn. The deck was lovely with comfortable chairs, nice view, and room for morning Yoga routine. Such a convenient location on the river with a wine shop two doors down for your cheese and wine, restaurants w/in easy walk, and very interesting bike trail around the little town of Darien. The breakfasts were very good and JoAnn was helpful with suggestions and information about the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a lovely spot for a little down time. I had an amazing deal with living social for two nights including breakfast, either bike or kayaks for the day, $20 credit at skippers Fish Camp restaurant on the river out front (the prosciutto wrapped scallops were delicious) $5 off lunch at the Purple Pickle, 10% off three local spots (wine bar, spa and olive oil shop) along with $40 off a future stay. I probably wouldn't have found this place without the deal, but I am so glad I did! The owner JoAnn couldn't have been more gracious or welcoming. I'm still trying to get her sweet potato pancake recipe out of her! My room was lovely with an ocean and sea glass theme. There was a beautiful front porch with adirondack chairs to relax after some fun on the water or in the historic town. A perfect weekend break and one I will definitely repeat soon at this gem of an inn with its charming owner. Thanks Jo Ann for making this a lovely reality break!

Room Tip: Call or email JoAnn for advice or information. She will be honest and helpful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you! Thanks to you and all the wonderful guests that make being an innkeeper such an amazing experience! It is my pleasure to share this unique inn, relaxing river-view porch and quaint seaside village experience with you. It warms my heart when my guests see and feel what drew me to this place when relaxing on the back porch. I love sharing it with you all. Thank you! JoAnn Viera, owner, Darien Waterfront Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Days Inn Darien
#4 of 9 in Saint Simons Island
4.0 of 5 stars 311 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Darien Inn I-95 Outlet Mall

Been to Darien Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!