“misleading” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Darien B&B and Inns
West End, North Carolina
“misleading”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

After carefully studying all of the choices to stay in the town chose this as it leads you to believe that it is on the waterfront. While the backporch really looks over a large parking lot with a limited waterview on the other side of a restaurant.
The bed was confortable but the air conditioning ran the entire night (while is was 50 degrees outside) and there was no access to control this situation.
While the person that was filling in for the owner while she was away was extremely nice and personable I would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DarienWaterfrontInn, Owner at Darien Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I love and am very proud of my business and I am very sorry that you did not have a positive experience at my B&B. The view from the back porch is what prompted me to quit my job, sell my house and immediately move to Darien, GA from Massachusetts 2 years ago. I realize that this quaint little town and my unique inn are not for everyone, but it is discouraging to get a negative review because I wish for everyone to love it as much as I do. I apologize for the A/C issue. I was out of town and it was an oversight on my assistant's part not to explain the individual unit in your room. I have recently equipped the rooms with individual self-controlled AC/Heat units for the comfort of all our guests. Thank you for your feedback. JoAnn Viera, owner, Darien Waterfront Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
suffolk, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We enjoyed two nights at the Waterfront Inn. The deck was lovely with comfortable chairs, nice view, and room for morning Yoga routine. Such a convenient location on the river with a wine shop two doors down for your cheese and wine, restaurants w/in easy walk, and very interesting bike trail around the little town of Darien. The breakfasts were very good and JoAnn was helpful with suggestions and information about the area.

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a lovely spot for a little down time. I had an amazing deal with living social for two nights including breakfast, either bike or kayaks for the day, $20 credit at skippers Fish Camp restaurant on the river out front (the prosciutto wrapped scallops were delicious) $5 off lunch at the Purple Pickle, 10% off three local spots (wine bar, spa and olive oil shop) along with $40 off a future stay. I probably wouldn't have found this place without the deal, but I am so glad I did! The owner JoAnn couldn't have been more gracious or welcoming. I'm still trying to get her sweet potato pancake recipe out of her! My room was lovely with an ocean and sea glass theme. There was a beautiful front porch with adirondack chairs to relax after some fun on the water or in the historic town. A perfect weekend break and one I will definitely repeat soon at this gem of an inn with its charming owner. Thanks Jo Ann for making this a lovely reality break!

Room Tip: Call or email JoAnn for advice or information. She will be honest and helpful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you! Thanks to you and all the wonderful guests that make being an innkeeper such an amazing experience! It is my pleasure to share this unique inn, relaxing river-view porch and quaint seaside village experience with you. It warms my heart when my guests see and feel what drew me to this place when relaxing on the back porch. I love sharing it with you all. Thank you! JoAnn Viera, owner, Darien Waterfront Inn.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Darien Waterfront Inn was an exceptional place to stay. The owner (JoAnn) went out of her way to ensure we were treated well. We traveled by boat from Savannah, GA and dock just in front of the restaurant which made the trip even more fun. Especially fun was meeting new people that stayed at the inn.

We are looking forward to going back soon.

Room Tip: I think they were all good.
Enterprise, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We just spent 2 wonderful days at the Darien Waterfront Inn - just for a quick get-away. We drove up from FL. The Inn is wonderful - breakfast was delicious - Joann (the owner) couldn't have been more welcoming and gracious. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Every room has a different theme - they are all beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
deltona, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I just spent two wonderful nights at this Inn. Everything about it was as depicted in the advertisement. The room was lovely, and very clean and fresh. Breakfast was great, and the innkeeper was gracious and informative. We were pleasantly surprised with the variety of great dining in Darien, all within walking distance of the Inn. I highly recommend this Inn for a wonderful few day getaway.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We visited the Darien Water Front Inn for our 1 yr anniversary as a dating couple. The Inn was as pictured, and the rooms were as described. The Inn Keeper was very sweet, and made us feel right at home. Only draw back for this property - the walls are thin, so we did hear our neighbor snoring, and we needed to be aware of our own noise levels as well. We visited several local places for dining and loved the atmosphere of the Inn. Bathroom was spacious, but for some reason had a tiny tub, and could have used a bit of updating. We stayed two nights in the Tara, and enjoyed our stay. We would return, and would like to try another room since each one has a 'theme'.

Room Tip: Email the inn keeper if you have room questions. Rooms are as pictured, but not all things listed in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Darien Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!