“YIKES” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Darien

Super 8 Darien
You added Super 8 Darien to your Saves list
Super 8 Darien
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Highway 251 at I-95 Exit 49, PO Box 1431, Darien, GA 31305-0556   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Darien
charlotte nc
“YIKES”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2008

As per the last review.. Front desk staff was very slow .. not very pleasant...2ND...the room was awful..... smelled bad... not very clean and the scary thing is was very blatant...... crumbs & trash under the edges of the bed...Dirty coffee pot.... hair & cobwebs in the bathroom JUST NASTY....the smell was so bad I had to bring my air freshener from my auto........ THERE ARE 2 OTHER PLACES NEARBY.... THATS WHERE WE'LL GO NEXT TIME

Stayed January 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

I realize this is a cheap interstate hotel, but I have stayed in Super
8's before that were much more clean. The furniture was sticky. When I moved the bed over against the wall to keep my toddler from rolling out, there was a dirty washcloth wadded up against the wall along with
other debris left behind (candy wrappers, etc..) The carpet was so dirty it turned our socks black. I expect a certain amount of disappointment from cheap places, but the next night we stayed in an Econo Lodge that was less expensive and much nicer. I would say if you're looking for a cheap roadside stop, go to the next exit if you can.

Stayed October 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2004

We needed a rest/sleep spot on our driving trip from PA to FL and chose this motel in Darien. We had planned to stop here and booked it ahead of time.

It's a typical Super 8 Motel.

Front desk receptionist wasn't exactly friendly. Very short with us... basically took our money, handed us the keys and sent us on our way.

Room was fairly clean, although smoke detector battery was dying and beeping when we arrived in our room... the maintenance staff (of one person) was quick to come and replace the battery though.

The shower drain clogged up after my husband and I showered the next morning and was filled with about 6 inches of water. The bathroom wasn't exactly clean... had some cobwebs in corners.

There were other motels nearby (Days Inn, Hampton) and we'll probably end up spending an extra 30 dollars and staying at one of those the next time.

Been to Super 8 Darien? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Darien

Address: Highway 251 at I-95 Exit 49, PO Box 1431, Darien, GA 31305-0556
Location: United States > Georgia > Georgia Coast > Darien
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Darien 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Darien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Darien Super 8
Darien Super Eight
Super Eight Darien

If you own or manage Super 8 Darien, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.