“Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Apollo Beach Florida
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

My stay in LaQuinta was a pleasant surprise. The gal at the front desk was very helpful, never stopped smiling. The spacious room was very clean, the sheets were soft and the pillows were heavenly. Everyone and everything was beyond my expectations. I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast, but wish I would have had more time to do so. I was only in the area for 1 night, coming from Apollo Beach, FL stopping in Dalton to pickup an eleven year old Labrador Retriever from PA that I was rescuing. He was welcomed with a smile at the front desk. I will recommend LaQuinta in Dalton to all my friends.

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

Ask for clean blankets from the front desk! When turning down the bed we discovered crusty body fluids on the underside of the blanket. Rollaway bed uncomfortable, not a mattress, box springs with very thin covering. Other than this Inn is safe and nice.

• Liked — easy access fom interstate nice view
  • Disliked — dirty blankets uncomfortable rollaway bed
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2006

We visited the Georgia welcome center on I-75 South and picked up a coupon for the Wingate Inn ($59/night). The hotel retails for more than $85/night.

From the outside, it appears a little older than some of the other hotels in the area, however it was very deceiving. First difference we noticed was that it is more of a hotel, than a motel. There is a nicely decorated, spacious lobby and all room doors are on the inside. Also the staff greeted us with a smile and provided extraordinary customer service, which is truly a luxury item these days in the service industry.

The rooms are large, very clean and nicely decorated with high ceilings, dark wood furniture, a sofa, desk, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.

The pool is outdoors, a little small, but very nice. There is a spa with whirlpool and exercise room.

The breakfast was absolutely fantastic with a huge selection including: Belgium waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, toast/bagels/pastries, cereals, etc. All very good quality food choices.

Overall, if I were ever in the area again, I would certainly select this hotel, even paying a slightly higher rate. We're glad to have stayed there.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

We stopped by on our way HOME TO S.C. The front desk clerk was friendly and offered me a great rate for a suite. Upon entering our room we realized it was not a suite, when I brought this to the attention of management, he said a suite would run me 135 ! I let him know we would be leaving, and he said he would give it to us for 99 dollars.It was still a bit pricey for our budget, but after driving for 10 hours, I was willing to pay it. The room was big, but the suite did not have a seperate room, like most suites that Ii have been in do.The best thing about this experience was the whirlpool tub in the room. This is one of the better hotels in Dalton that we have stayed in I must say though a bit pricey.

• Stayed June 2005
Port Hope, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2004

Another hotel chain which is fairly consistent in quality and appearance. The room was good size, with an excellent work area. The high-speed internet access was good, and the outlet placed at the work surface (surprisingly, some hotels put it across the room!). A good value.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2004

We really enjoyed our stay at the Wingagte hotel in May. The complimentary breakfast was great! So many different items to choose from. The room was clean and the service was also great.

However, the only complaint we did have, is the location. I disagree with a previous review that said the access was right off of I-75. It was a bit confusing to find, but after we did, it was worth it.

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2004

Our first stay at a Wingate Inn was the Dalton, GA property during a return trip from Orlando. It is conveniently located directly off I-75 (same exit as the Holiday Inn-Dalton). The lobby and public areas appeared spacious, modern and clean....there is a dining area adjacent to the lobby, where an expanded complementary breakfast bar is served daily--we were surprised at the variety of items offered...there is a (small) workout room, plus an indoor pool....our room was spacious and well-furnished--a step or two up from the standard motel decor....the bathroom was also clean and spacious...Wingate caters to business travelers, so you are likely to find extra touches--e.g., data ports, internet access, etc...plus, we had a great dinner at "Flammini's"--a local Italian restaurant about 5 min or so from the motel!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dalton? Share your experiences!