“Nice stay for the price” 3 of 5 stars

You added Inn Dalton to your Saves list
Inn Dalton
911 Market St., Dalton, GA 30720 (Formerly Rodeway Inn Dalton)   |
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
“Nice stay for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we first arrived the front desk person tried wiggling out of their $39.99 a night price. I told my boyfriend to go back in and tell her written on the sign was "All rooms $39.99" so how is there a more expensive rate? After that we were given the cheaper rate. Besides that small mishap, everything was okay. Room was okay. Not amazing but not poor. Bathroom was clean, no weird smells. They also has new mattresses which were pretty comfy. I believe they are renovating all the rooms so it will only get better. Also, The free breakfast was something the other motels in the area weren't offering. It was nice to just grab some oatmeal and make a quick waffle before hitting the road. For the price, it was a good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed one night and it was fine. New carpet, clean. Old furniture. Clean bath. Paid $45 plus tax so I expected worse. I was by myself so I only had to watch over me. However, I would feel fine about bringing the family if looking for a cheap place. It was a very safe area, lots of motels, lots of good food within walking distance. About what I would WANT from a $45 motel and got better. Desk guy was great. Can't say much about the morning breakfast...ok. There's a McD's just outside the door.
My scoring is based on a $50 room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Newnan, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Room runs about $50. I have never seen anybugs in the rooms and i ve never had a dirty room. the bathrooms are all decent. Fridge and micro in all the rooms and a decent TV. the breakfast is decent nothing special. I haul a 24 ft trailer with me and there is plenty of parking without trying to go behind the building as another review stated. I actually cant believe this was attempted.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Centerville, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Only stayed because of the coupon book...(A.K.A. Royal Inn) the air conditioner never got the least bit cold, room was very hot and musty. It had a window fan in room on arrival, and clerk said they werent aware of it being broken. Although another employee said lots of them didnt work and they just wouldnt repair them..called front desk and was told a $10 CREDIT WAS THE BEST THEY COULD DO. Clerk would not give a corporate phone number to us. Said they didnt have one because they were in the middle of a changeover. Also patrons in next room were partying and loud outside our door until 5 a.m. Not managements fault, but still they failed to do anything. Cord was cut in half on hair dryer also. WORST motel experience EVER!!! Only stayed a few hours and got the hell out!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Room didn't smell good and didn't like staying here. I was terrified I would bring home bugs. The sheets were bleached and fine but I didn't want to walk barefoot on the carpet. We slept a couple of hours and got the heck out of dodge. Didn't see any bugs but wouldn't stay here again. The clerk was very nice and was helpful when the key she gave us wouldn't open our door. That would be about the only positive thing. There isn't enough parking for all the guests and the outdoor pool was packed when we drove by it.

Room Tip: A/C works good
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a cheap room for the night this is a good choice. The rooms appeared clean. The beds were comfortable and without any odors or traces of bugs (mentioned in previous reviews).
The breakfast was biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, juice/milk/coffee, waffles. No jellies or PB for English muffins/toast.
The condition of the facility overall was in various states. I tried not to look too closely at things! If you have small children know that the latch on the pool gate was not functioning as it should.

• Stayed July 2012
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We phoned ahead to make sure we could get a large RV into the parking lot, the front desk assured us we could. I got completely stuck behind the hotel and had to back everything out. Then after loading our dogs and our luggage into the hotel room, my daughter checked under the covers to find live bed bugs moving in the bed. We also found shells of dead bed bugs in the bed. We got our money back and ran as fast as we could out of there. Not very helpful staff!! Completely brain dead!! Didn't even deny the bed bugs. Just gave us our money back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Inn Dalton? Share your experiences!