“Pleasant stay at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn Dalton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1518 West Walnut Avenue, Dalton, GA 30720   |
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Florida
“Pleasant stay at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed one night (room 104) on our way back to Michigan. We used the coupon in the Georgia Travel Coupon book and got the room for $54.99 +tax. The room was very clean. The shower and sink drained good. Newer carpet in room. We had a good night's sleep.
There are many restaurants nearby. A few examples: O'Charley's, Applebees, Shoney's, Waffle House, IHOP, Red Lobster, McDonalds, Chick-fil-A

When we were there the free hot breakfast consisted of :
cereal (4 kinds), instant oatmeal, bagels, bread for toast, mini danish (cream cheese, apple and cherry) eggs and biscuits, waffles (toaster type), orange and apple juice, coffee.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam P, General Manager at Days Inn Dalton, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey and rate our hotel. We appriciate your business and value your response about the great experience you had. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Granite City, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We live in central Illinois and have family that recently bought a home in central Florida. This was our first trip to visit them so I chose this hotel for it's convenient location. Our first stay on the way to Florida was a good night. Our stay on the way home was not. The front desk clerk that checked me in was very friendly and helpful. The trouble came during the middle of the night when we had a strange man attempt to get into our room. He had a key that opened the door and was trying to use his had to get the hook off the ball lock. I realize I should have had the deadbolt locked, but I thought with the other two locks in place I should be safe. I yelled at him several times and he finally left. The next morning when I told the man at the front desk about this he told me this is a 100% safe area. I work in a hotel and you can not ever guarantee that any area is 100% safe! The only way that man could have opened the door was if someone at the front desk had given him a key. I am a 53 year old woman and was travelling with my 76 year old mother. I know mistakes can happen at the front desk, but in my opinion this is one that should never happen. Had that man gotten into our room there's no telling what might have happened. I was very disappointed in the response I got from the man when I checked out. I found out on our trip that there are plenty of other hotels along the way to stay at so I will not be staying here again on our trips to Florida.

Room Tip: Make sure you lock all of the locks on your doors. No area is 100% safe.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sam P, General Manager at Days Inn Dalton, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the level of service you received as this is not the standard of our Days Inn Dalton. Your feedback appreciated as it assists us in continually improving the experience for all of our guests . and our staff and community of Dalton always look for improving for safety for all of our guest. We hope you will give us another opportunity to surpass your expectations.

Been to Days Inn Dalton? Share your experiences!