“I wish the Depot was a good restaurant, but it isn't.” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 164 Restaurants in Dalton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“I wish the Depot was a good restaurant, but it isn't.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I want this place to be good. We gave it a second chance, but no cigar.

The food is average at best. Burgers at Hardees are better. The Depot is really sort of like O'Charleys, set in a nicer setting with a lesser kitchen. The beer and wine selection are abysmal. The wait staff is marginally trained. It's really a shame, for the potential is there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here last Friday and we loved it. The service was excellent and so was the atmosphere. The steak is the big draw for us. As I was priviledged to have access to good aged beef growing up I can say unequivocally that the steak here took me back to my childhood.

We will most definitely be driving back from Chattanooga to come here again, you wonderful NON-CHAIN restaurant!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Outback is better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel recommended the Dalton Depot as the best restaurant in town. I was a little put off when there was a plastic encased train set in the entry, and the BEST cabs on the wine list were a low end Hess and Kendall Jackson. The French onion soup was good, but the New York strip was absolutely flavorless. It was so bland that I sent it back! I was told that the problem was that they don't season their steaks, but that steak had no flavor whatsoever. A good steak shouldn't need much seasoning. I ordered the bacon wrapped filet as a replacement. It was better, but still not very good. I wanted to ask for some A-1! The mushrooms were good, the desert was good and the service was good, but I would not return because of the lack of quality of the steak and the outdated atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Place that has been around awhile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to eat there last weeks. I remember eating there with my father so it has sentimental meaning for me. The food is good but can be a little pricey if you are on a budget. I got the grouper sandwich which was tasty. My husband also enjoyed his food and loved the cheese biscuits. We did have a coupon so it was not too expensive. The server was very nice and very helpful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Konstanz, Germany
“What a deaaster!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Smelly place as a first impression.
Food not convincing at all. Meat not taxyy, medium was actually well done. Quailty of the meet was not good. Not appealing appearence of food.
Service: i don't know wherr to start. 3 tables busy but our waiter totally overwhelmed with 7 people's order. 15 min after the food order we got told that choice was not availabe. It took another 40 min. To get served.
Other waiters were disappearing instead of assisting the obviously challenged waiter.
Overall the place looks like it needs new staf, but even more important new management and a chef.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere