“March 13, 2013” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Dalton

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Dalton to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Dalton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   790 College Drive, Dalton, GA 30720 (Formerly Jameson Inn Dalton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in Dalton

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lafayette
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our room was in desperate need of a complete makeover. It was dingy looking throughout, the bathroom wasn't cleaned well and the environmentally-friendly paper products were horrible. We requested a non-smoking room and while the room we received was designated as non-smoking, it reeked of stale cigarette smoke and air freshener. When we complained, we were told someone who stayed in the room before us must have smoked in the room even though it was a non-smoking room. The stench in that room didn't come from one smoker, but rather from many smokers over a long period of time. A smoking room cannot be transformed into non-smoking by posting a non-smoking sign outside the door and spraying air freshener all around. At the very least, new paint and carpeting are required. We stay in Dalton, GA on our way to and from Florida two times each year, but we won't be staying at Howard Johnson's again and won't recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

madison, wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Outdoor entrance, small rooms, but updated nicely with working fridge, iron, microwave and coffee maker. Good breakfast with waffles, cereal, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, pastries, fresh fruit and two kinds of juice. The one employee we met seemed nice, but not all that geared toward customer service.

Great value for the money, wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Checked in this hotel for one night. Every time we went to the front desk we had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to come because they were all out smoking. The beds were horrible, they were the hardest most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on. I took a shower. It drained so slow that by the time I was done the standing water was half way to my knee. We had to switch to another room in the middle of the night because none of us could sleep. The shower was a little better but the beds were about the same. I would never stay in a Howard Johnson again.

Room Tip: Choose your room in another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Quincy, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

On a recent road trip, I needed to find a dog-friendly hotel somewhere in south Tennessee/north Georgia. Considering I have two medium to large sized dogs (one is about 35 pounds, and the other 55 pound), this wasn't an easy task. After narrowing down my options and reading the reviews, this Howard Johnson seemed like the safest bet. I would say that I made a good choice! Check-in went smoothly, and the room was very clean! Yes, there was some wear and tear to the room. The chair in the corner was a bit threadbare, and the carpet had several stains (as I would expect to find anywhere dogs are coming and going). However, you could tell that everything was well-maintained. I could walk across the floor in my socks, and they didn't pick up any dirt on the way across the room. There was no dust, no cobwebs, and no mold in the shower. The bed was large and comfy, and I loved that the heating/AC worked like a traditional thermostat (pick your desired temperature, and the system maintains that temperature), rather than the outdated heating systems you find in some hotels rooms. All of the employees that I interacted with were super friendly, and I found the breakfast to be sufficient. There were all the basics (cereal, waffles, juice, etc), and everything was well-stocked. The hotel was also very convenient to the interstate, and to a number of restaurants and fast-food places.

There were only two downsides with my trip. First, there is only one grassy area on the entire property, over near the pool. This meant that I had to walk over behind the landscaping in order to take my dogs to the bathroom. It was a bit inconvenient, and not clearly marked. There also weren't any bags available to clean up after my dogs, which would have been a nice addition. The other problem I had was that my room was right near the main lobby. While this was nice in theory, my dogs got really stressed out around 6:30am when the other guests started moving around outside of our room on their way to breakfast and checkout. I understand that there are only a limited number of pet rooms at the hotel, but it would be nice if they were located in a less busy area.

All in all, though, I was very happy, and I'll definitely be stopping here again if I have the chance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Howard Johnson Dalton? Share your experiences!