“Nice Newer Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Clearwater, Florida
“Nice Newer Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is a newer property. Staff was very friendlyand helpful. Room was very nice. My pet peeve though is nice flat screen TVs and no high def signal. I would stay here again.i did not eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
daltonholidayinn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Dalton, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We'd like to thank you for your review of our Hotel. We're pleased to announce that since your visit we've added 10 High Definition Channels and multiple Digital Channels. On your next visit you should be pleased with the picture clarity on our 42 inch Plasma televisions located in all of our guest rooms. Our guests input helps us to improve the quality of the guest experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Calhoun, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed her last year and it was great, but this year we arrived at 7:15 and ate, we asked the server what time the bar closed he said around 12am! The spa closed at 10 so we went to the spa! After the spa we went to our room to change by the time we got back down stairs at 9:15 the lounge and bar was closed and no one was of any help with our complaint! In fact they just brushed it of! We will never be back

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Dalton, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear stephanie b,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because our staff did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Swansea, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

After a long day of driving, this Holiday Inn is a welcome oasis. Check in was fast and courteous. The room was modern and clean. My only complaint (and this is probably mainly due to my very light sleeping) is that I kept hearing popping and "clicking" noises coming from the ceiling all night long. My daughter heard it too and commented the next day. I think it may have been due to the heating system, but whatever it was, it literally woke me up all night long.

I was curious to see there are no towel racks in the bathroom....I would think that Holiday Inn would want to participate in the "hang up your towel for use the next day and save the environment" initiative but there was no place to hang it even if we did stay beyond one night. I also would've appreciated a mirror that would swing out from the wall. It's nearly impossible to put contacts in when you have to stretch across the vanity to see yourself in the mirror. The vanity was wide and the mirror seemed too far away. The room had a microwave, a coffee maker and a mini fridge.

The restaurant, KEM, is excellent. We had breakfast there the next morning and service was wonderful and the food came quickly and piping hot. I had pancakes which were literally...the size of a pan. My daughter had an omelet and was very happy with her selection. A pot of coffee was brought to the table which I always appreciate and the server always had a smile.

I thought the room rate was a bit high at $109 for where this hotel is located but gladly paid it because I knew the hotel was highly rated and was not disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We really appreciate your detailed review. It really is a pleasure to hear you compliment both the room and our Kem's Restaurant. We do pride ourselves on the quality of our food and generous portions. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered with a noise issue. We're so happy to have been your 'Oasis' during your visit with us. We do hope to see you again in the near future.
Chicago, Ill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

After a long day of driving, this stop was perfect. The hotel was clean and modern and welcoming. Breakfast was not included in the price, but I wasn't too sad considering no one does a good free breakfast. I would stay here again, considering the desk clerk happily reminded us they were "halfway between here and there."

• Stayed December 2012
daltonholidayinn, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Dalton, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and we're pleased that you had a pleasant stay. We understand how weary traveling can be, and we are proud to have been your choice. We hope to see you again, as Dalton truly is a Halfway Mark for many of our guests.
Morehead, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

After traveling for 8 hrs, I went to try to get a room at 8 pm at night as they had a restaurant/lounge. I couldn't find anyone at the desk and waited about 5 minutes, finally going to bar. The bar attendant did round up the clerk who finally said "her blood sugar dropped" so she was in the kitchen. She certainly didn't act like she felt like dealing with customers. The rate was for a King was $129 w/ a senior discount and I negotiated down to $109. However, I was holding a coupon for $53 at the Quality in next door so we opted to go there and then walked over to the restaurant. We waited a while before the server finally said to "Seat ourselves...he was working the restaurant and doing room service"! We sat in the bar and was served quickly, the food was VERY good, good portions. The bartender, blonde, older lady was great. They do need to upgrade their olives for the martini's. You should never skimp on martini olives! If I was going to stay a weak, I would consider this. There were several other restaurants in walking distance. Pool looked good and exercise room. Just don't be in a hurry!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Checked in at 9:30 at night with 3 kids under the age of 4 and needed a crib for infant. After 10 hours on the road we were ready for sleep. I was told we had to wait until another worker came for us to receive crib. I called again at 1030 and was told they would be here at 1100. Finally at 1130 I went to front desk (and new worker was there.) we were told they didn't know anything about it. Luckily she was very helpful. When I then complained in the morning-the sales director was very unsympathetic. Would never recommend. We own a small motel in Indiana and this is certainly not how we treat our customers. How disappointing for the service industry...I convinced my spouse to stay here although the rate was higher based in the excellent reviews. We will go back to staying at Comfort Inn-better service and cheaper rates.

• Stayed November 2012
daltonholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Dalton, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I would like to apologize for the delay in receiving your crib. I assure you this was an isolated incident. We strive on a daily basis to provide superior accommodations, as well as excellent service. The Hotel would like to note that in response to your inconvenience, a sincere apology as well as complimentary breakfast from the restaurant menu was given for three adults. I would like to thank you for your review, as we want our delivery times for guest requests to be as timely as possible. I certainly hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kris Richner
A.G.M.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a business trip. He has stayed at Hampton Inn's forever. I convinced him to stay at the Holiday inn, the only thing we put up a fuss about was no free breakfast. If they want to get this kind of business from the company he works for, they must provide that. That's the only reason they didn't get 5 stars . Otherwise it was wonderful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel Dalton? Share your experiences!