“Best Down Home Cooking” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 65 Restaurants in Dallas
Dallas, Georgia, United States
“Best Down Home Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Friendly Folks--Great Food--Good Prices--Super Good Service--Make You Feel Like Family--Not Fancy, My Favorite Place To Eat In Dallas Ga.

Visited May 2013

“County style Good home cooking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We love going to Joan's! Staff and food is Great:) Wish they had a nicer building but other then that is a great place!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food for a great price! Staff is super friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We go here at least once a month and really enjoy the environment at Joan's. The waitresses know us pretty well and are always friendly. Food is great although the wait sometimes is long. The food is worth the wait though. Enjoy the coffee while you wait and be sure to get there early.

Dallas, Georgia
“Fantastic Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I decided to try Joan's several months ago when we first moved to the Dallas neighborhood. I was a little leery, since Joan's is a cash only place, and you never know what to expect.

We were very pleasantly surprised to find that not only was the food delicious, but unbelievably priced!! The staff was extremely nice and always there with drink refills when needed, and more than willing to work with you on your order if you want to make some changes.

We now go every Sunday after church, and the waitresses know us, if not by name then by face (we have not yet introduced ourselves). To give you an idea of how family friendly this place is, this past weekend was when the tornado went through Dallas. The first thing the waitress asked was whether or not we had any damage, and to let her know if we needed any help!

I look forward to making a staple in my Sunday routine. I can't imagine going anywhere else!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Georgia
“BEST MEAL IN TOWN!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have lived in Dallas, GA for almost 10 years now, and once I got situated, it didn't take me long to find "Joan's Family Restaurant". This has got to be the best food around, and yeah, it can be a bit slow during breakfast and lunch rush, but honestly, it's worth the wait. Not only do they have a pretty expansive menu, but there is also a daily special, which is a meat and two sides, but if you prefer a different side, they don't mind substituting. I have gone there so often, that the wait staff know what I want when I walk in the door.
I told Joan not long ago that I knew why the restaurant was called "Joan's Family Restaurant"...partly because it is a family restaurant, but the biggest part is that it doesn't take very long for you to feel like part of the family, and boy, does Joan have a very extensive family.
So stop by and enjoy a wonderful meal, great service, and very reasonable prices, and be sure to try one of their made-from-scratch desserts. The "old fashioned chocolate cake" is my favorite, but the peanut butter bars tend to be the customers favorite that I have seen.
And remember, all the desserts are made by hand right there in the restaurant.

• Visited July 2011