“Beautiful view, great value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dahlonega
Lakeland, Florida
“Beautiful view, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Having read previous reviews I was a bit concerned, but we stayed for 3 days and the hotel was clean, good breakfast. Hotel staff was pleasant, but not overly freindly. Great value. I would likey stay there again.

Room Tip: Upper floors provide better view of mountains
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We only stayed for 2 nights but enjoyed every minute. The hotel was nicely located for our needs, only 5 minutes to the wedding we were attending. Also within walking distance to the town.
The only negative comment was from my two sons when they found that the local McDonald's was closed for refurbishment but I'm pretty sure that the hotel had no influence on that.
We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this location for business travel for about three weeks. Diane and her staff was awesome! I would like to also thank the awesome housekeeping crew for doing an exceptional job!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Warwick, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Basic chain hotel which I would have rated higher if not for a few issues. I believe that the hotel is not staffed properly which may explain some of the problems: There were many bags of trash piled up in the stairwell nearest our room throughout the four days we were there. The trash filled the staircase with a bad smell. The entrance door at the back of the hotel, the one nearest our room remained unlocked all weekend. Our room was not serviced at all the first day. we were out of the room from 7 AM until 6 PM and the room was untouched. The next day our room was not serviced until after 5 PM. We returned from a long day and could not use our room. The women's restroom in the lobby was filthy. The hotel ran out of some food items for the breakfast each day. We were never greeted by a memeber of the hotel staff and my wife was treated rudely by one of the housekeepers when she requested towels on the day that our room was not cleaned. There was no business center. There is plenty of parking, a great location, free wifi and everything worked in our room.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms facing the front of the house have the best views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff are very friendly and the breakfast is good! We live this town! Good value for the money. Enjoy the town where everyone is friendly and always helpful. In the summer relax and enjoy tubing on the Chestatee river. It's a trip you will return for over and over. The leaves in the fall are gorgeous'

• Stayed October 2012
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have stayed at this motel in the past. It is well run, good location and for the age of the motel it is in pretty good shape, with clean rooms. Was told that it will be going thru renovations in 2013. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I heard that I'm not a regular 3-4 times while I was simply trying to check in at 1:00 pm. The manager told me they had overbooked and she was taking care of the regulars first and then would handle everyone else if she could. I was more than willing to change room types from doubles to king to even help out and simply requested a room on the lower floor because my sister who was staying with me recently had knee surgery, forgoing the early check in and was still told "those rooms are reserved for my regulars". Well I hope her regulars keep them busy all year. I have never been so discriminated against and I'm a Holiday Inn Regular!! Priority Club member means nothing here! The hotel is outdated, ice machines didn't work, I noticed since a prior October 9th review and there were NO REFRIGERATORS OR MICROWAVES, unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega? Share your experiences!