“It's fine.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dahlonega
atlanta
“It's fine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

This is a 2-star hotel, so it's not in any way fancy. There are no balconies, small TV's, bad soap & shampoo products, plain white towels, etc. However, it was spotless, our room was as indicated with clean sheets and linens, and it's about a 2 minute drive or less to the historic square in Dahlonega. The bed was comfortable. There are not that many options in Dahlonega. We knew when we made reservations that this wouldn't be the Ritz. We had coffee in the morning but they did have some continental breakfast selections. All in all, it was fine.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Macon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

This place was not as advertised. The Beds were not comfortable. We were next to an elevator. The breakfast was very limited and there was not alot of places to sit. The hotel was clean. The lady that checked us in was not very nice. I believe her name was Diane. It is very close to downtown Dahlonega, so that was nice.

• Liked — It was Clean
  • Disliked — The overall Comfort
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Madison, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

This hotel is DIRTY! On my first visit, my sheets were not clean. They smelled like someone else's body odor. Upon checkout, I was assured that they were clean and I was mistaken. On my second visit, about a year later, my toilet was clogged...unfortunately, someone had also used it. It was disgusting! The front desk clerk actually argued with me about whether or not my toilet was working! After I threatened to leave, she FINALLY checked it out and gave me a new room promptly. As an experienced traveller, I found their customer service to be terrible. Instead of being accomodating, I found management to be very defensive. Great location but not worth the risk. p.s. I do not have a problem with Holiday Inn Express Hotels. Since they are independently owned, I will continue to use them....just beware of this one!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2006

2 min drive to Dahlonega downtown where you can find country stores and several local restaurants. We stayed there for one night for the 6 Gap Ride. The hotel personnel allowed us an extended check out time so we could come back and shower off before we left town. Clean room, got the essentials, a fridge and a microwave and free wireless internet service. Complimentary breakfast has the basics, coffee, juices, milk, cereal, toasts, pastry, fruits, bagel, etc. Overall we were happy with our stay. It was a bit pricier than the Days Inn next door which provides most of the same things. But you are paying for probably nicer decorations, the reputation and the better service. We would recommend it for families and couples.

• Liked — Great location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Tips/Secrets — Request a mountain view room
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cleveland, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2006

Our older children stayed on night while my wife gave birth to our 3rd child in the local hospital. We had plans to stay 2 nights but only needed the room for one. The Hotel charged our credit card for the 2nd night and we have not been able to get a refund YET. Be aware of your charges if you use your credit card.

Stayed August 2006
Lake City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2006

I stayed here the first week in August for 3 nights. I have stayed at many hotels, and many of those were Holiday Inn Express. This one was not bad, but they seem to go with the bare minimal in effort here. The rooms are okay, but missing little things like a coffee maker and nice bedding. The blanket on my bed was ripped. The breakfast is the worst atI have seen at a Holiday Inn Express. Yes the have she Cinnimon Rolls, but not much else. A few cerals and maybe toast. They do not even have a Breakfast attendant they make the 1 person running the front desk attend to the food also. With this said, I did not see many other options in the area, will I stay here again? Probably so, but once there is a better option I am done with them.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

A great weekend for our wedding party. Mrs. Moore was wonderful in helping guests and I would not stay anywhere else in the Dahlonega area.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega? Share your experiences!