“Second stay in two months.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Dahlonega

You added Days Inn Dahlonega to your Saves list
Days Inn Dahlonega
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   833 S Chestatee Street, Hwy 60-Hwy 52, Dahlonega, GA 30533-1669   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dahlonega
Athens, GA
“Second stay in two months.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

I reviewed this hotel last month. I wanted to try it again this month. It was a good experience overall. I don't need much when I'm traveling. I like a quiet room, clean room, comfortable bed, hot shower, polite staff(I mean REALLY nice, polite and helpful). Other amenities, breakfast, micro-fridge in room, great mountain view, are nice too, etc. I got a pretty good AARP rate so that helps make up for (or confirms) the budget feel. I will probably stay there again next month.
Any negatives? Towels are thin and scratchy, decor is very bland, entire place slightly dated but ok. Breakfast is minimal but ok.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Greensboro, Ga.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

I must say the staff at check-in was great, very friendly. The room was small but okay. The bathroom was very small but that seems to be the case with all older hotels. The price was a little high and we were given one price while our daughters family stayed in the exact same room but was charged a higher price. We didn't realize this until we were back home. All in all this hotel is okay but probably would not stay here again.

• Liked — a place to sleep
  • Disliked — high price - small room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kissimmee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

I called a head and was given a price for one person and a small pet, when I arrived I was told there was only one room in the whole place for "PETS ONLY" and it was already taken, and they would allow me to stay there but would have to put me in another room which cost more money & there was no more rooms just this one, yet this place is two stories and there was only about 15 cars out side, I was told the room I was to get had one bed and the room they were giving me had two beds so I had to pay for two beds !! I drove 10 hours and wanted a shower badly, when I noticed the tub was dirty, I mean VERY DIRTY, even with the lights out in the bathroom you could see the dark black ring around the tub, I took my shoe off and scrapped dirty right out of the tub, No SHOWER that night, pulled down the bedspread and it looked like the sheets had not been changed so checked the other bed, it looked like someone had busted a black ink pen in that bed, the sheets had ink marks ALL OVER the sheets and even found a gum wrapper in that bed, went out to my car and got an air mattress, my own sheets and blanket that I brought on my trip as I was heading to a friends home where family was all coming in for a wedding so came prepared to camp out at familys house, as it turned out I had to use an air mattress at this hotel with my own sheets and blanket. sleeping on the floor of a hotel, you go figure this one out.....Yes the owner was nice but what I paid for was HORRIBLE..........

• Disliked — Dirty tub, dirty sheets, slept on air matress I ahd in my car and used my own sheets and blanket I had in my car the I brought because I was camping out a a friends home the next 4 nights for a wedding, was told via phone what the price would be for myself then when I arrived the cost went up and I slept on the floor !!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
spammmenot
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

The couple that runs this place are very friendly and courteous--great source of local information. The plumbing in the room was old and showing its age, same with the air conditioner. The breakfast was cereal and muffins, nothing fancy but hit the spot.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The plumbing. Shower backed up quickly
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
arlington, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

Stayed at DAYS INN fairly clean and quiet, has a little age on it. Local attractions were entertaining and affordable, music at the town square on saturday afternoons. Very enjoyable trip, will return to do more attractions now that we know what they are!

Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2006

The Days Inn in Dahlonega is my favorite place to stay. The manager is always going out of his way to ensure that I have a most enjoyable stay. The staff alwasy remembers me each time I visit. It's like "coming home."

Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

Our room was quiet, clean and had everything you would expect for the price ($44.10 US), in addition to having a mini bar with freezer and a microwave. The mini bar was very cold-we did not need to get ice the next day, as our ice had stayed frozen.

The staff was friendly and helpful, talking with us about the Consolidated Gold Mine that we were interested in going to (an enjoyable experience-we did the tour, gold mining and "searched" for gems-if you do this and have kids, they would get a kick out of the $15 bucket of gems, as they would be sure to find things and quickly, as opposed to the time and patience required for gold panning).

The breakfast was minimal: Cereal, breakfast bars and a honey roll (Heat it up in the micro), but sufficient. We grabbed the breakfast bars and could then eat on our way, so that was convenient.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Days Inn Dahlonega? Share your experiences!