“Great Cajun food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Woodstock, Georgia
“Great Cajun food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The service here was outstanding! The owners were gracious and the wait staff did a great job!
Outstanding Muffalata and great snapper! Make sure you try the desserts!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia
“One of the BEST restaurants in Dahlonega”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

OK, I admit it, I'm a local. I have tried nearly all of the restaurants in Dahlonega (probably several times). And I have decided that this one (at least for the moment) is my favorite restaurant in Dahlonega for the price, food and atmosphere. I have eaten here about 7 or 8 times over the past 3 or 4 years. I have tried many things on the menu. I especially like the Gumbo and Jambalaya (a little spicy), but their salads are good too. I also like their sausage appetizer too. On one occasion I could not decide between the Gumbo and Jambalaya so they allowed me to have 1/2 plate of each...that was nice! There seems to be a variety of beers that change occasionally for you to try too. Last night our bill came to $29 for two dinners and one beer...which is not bad! It is really nice on an autumn evening to sit on the upstairs balcony and watch Dahlonega as you dine. The service is fast and friendly, and I like the fact that I can make a reservation for the balcony if I want to as some restaurants in Dahlonega don't take reservations. If you are visiting here and want to get the full atmosphere of Dahlonega, have a lunch or dinner while sitting on the balcony, you will enjoy it!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jasper, g
“Wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We live about 18 miles from Dahlonega and stumbled on this place for the first time earlier today. What a gem! We ate downstairs and really liked the "vibe" of the place. Very cool with local art on the walls. We then met our server. She was terrific. Seemed to know every dish on the menu and could describe everything in detail. On her reccomendation, I chose the blackened redfish $18. When it arrived, it was a generous portion of perfectly prepared fish, over smashed red potatoes with roasted asparagus. I was really amazed at the food quality. My wife got chicken pasta which was excellent. Pasta was right on al dente and the seasonings were excellent. I can't believe this place has been here 2+ years and I've never tried it. We'll be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“An overall good first impression”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

After horseback riding we decided to eat here after reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Loved the atmosphere and the host. The alligator bites are DELISH. Actually had to order more to take home. The gumbo was a little thick for our liking...I like the consistency of soup, not gravy. The seafood platter was just okay...needed a bit more "salt". If they used the alligator batter it would be perfect. The dirty shrimp was a great recommendation. I would definitely order it again! Burgers were pretty good too. The only downside was that I asked for water and it was never brought out, so I ended up telling her nevermind. She put the order if fries in late, so they came out after all the other plates. And the other girl who came to check on us and see how everything was forgot to put the second to go order in....even after she repeated it back. But again, nothing that would make me not want to return. I actually enjoyed the restaurant. It was great to try something different.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South
“Music and Oysters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Friendly service, enjoyable food at a great value, $12 for a dozen on the half shell this far from the gulf, are you kidding me? Live music on the outdoor patio, and fun and enjoyable dining experience.

Visited August 2013