“The best B&B so far!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
MN
“The best B&B so far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I travel a great deal and have been staying in B&Bs, starting in Ireland back in 1969 (me with girl friends)! I think we just found our all time favorite in Long Mountain Lodge in Dahlonega, GA. Hostess Diane and daughter Kate could not have been more accommodating. They had great maps and suggestions for things to do, hikes, places to eat and find entertainment. Wine, fruit drinks and appetizers were waiting for us after a wonderful day of hiking in the mountains and on the Appalachian trail. Cookies/bars and sherry were always available and the breakfasts were just wonderful. Diane loves to cook and very graciously catered to our request for "protein foods". Our room was large, spacious, bright and cheerful. We had a real wood fire each evening in our room after taking a lovely bath in our large jacuzzi. We also had our own private entrance from our second story deck, offering a panoramic view of the GA mountains. It is about a 10-15 minute drive into town, but well worth it for the quiet, scenery, and fabulous facility and hosts.

Room Tip: Two rooms are on the second floor and two rooms are on the lower level. I loved our room that was r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Spanish Fort, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 10th wedding anniversary last month. We had a wonderful time. The food was superb and Dianne is an excellent hostess. I cannot say enough great things about the area and the lodge. I'm already looking gorward to going back!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Whisenhut room. We had our own private entrance from outside. Love, Love, Loved th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
McCormick, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was our last stop on a five-week road tour. We stayed primarily at B&Bs; all but two were excellent. This was one of the best. Dianne and Jim did everything to make their guests feel at home; starting with sight-seeing and restaurant recommendations the evening we arrived. We also chatted about places across the country that we had all enjoyed.
This lodge was a little unique in that it was designed and built expressly to be a B&B. Therefore, it was roomy and efficient. The rooms were all very comfortable and the view from the deck was fantastic. We seemed to be out in the middle of nowhere, but we were only 10 minutes from downtown.
As you might expect, breakfast was delicious.

Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I made reservations with innkeeper Dianne several months back for a 4 night getaway. I did a lot of research on the web looking for just the right place and after looking at a lot of properties, we agreed that the amenities offered here were clearly superior.
We opted for the wine package they offer and the optional brunch on Sunday. Dianne handled every detail for us - brunch and wine tasting at Wolf Mountain Winery, wine tasting at Frogtown and Three Sisters and the cab to get us there and back. It was an incredible day.
I preface my comments with this note because every detail at the lodge was perfect on our visit. We were welcomed when we arrived, had a glass of fresh brewed Thai tea and some cheese and crackers, were given a binder containing all the details of our trip and were made to feel very welcome. Our room on the second floor was immaculate and well appointed and included a private entrance with a table and chairs on the balcony. We have gas logs at the house so we had a fire every night. Fresh teas and munchies were put out every day at 4. The views were amazing - some of the best relaxing I have done in years. Stocked ponds, fishing gear all provided, walking trails, and views everywhere. It was great sitting out front watching the sun set behind the Blue Ridge Mountains and sipping wine with my wife.
Breakfasts? Start with some kind of fruit (maybe poached pears or roasted grapefruit), follow it up with fresh breads or muffins and then serve the main course (including home made breakfast sausage). Yum yum yum. We ate on the porch every morning (around 47 or 48) but we just wore warm sweaters.
We met lots of fine folk from all over the Southeast and spent some quiet hours just enjoying each other and the beauty of nature.
I can't tell you what a great getaway this is. Want to make some points with the other half? This is IT! The level of service and attention here are over the top but in a very unobtrusive and simple way. Go for the wineries, go for the views and wildlife, go with your partner for a superb getaway.

Room Tip: 6 rooms - the two rooms on the second story have private entrances and seating for 2 outside. The t...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We hated to leave the best bed and breakfast we have ever stayed at, and we have stayed in a lot of them. The rooms are situated in a way that provides complete privacy yet as much togetherness as you desire. We met other couples both young and old(like us) and laughed the evenings away by the warm fire. We hope to make this an annual trip! Oh and of course the owners Dianne and Tim set the stage for fun with their wonderful personalities and ambiance.

• Stayed October 2012
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I just recently spend our 2nd anniversary at Long Mountain Lodge. We were looking for romantic place to stay in the mountains. Long Mountain Lodge was perfect! When we arrived, there were chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine waiting for us. The room we stayed in was immaculate and the bed was incredibly comfortable! The innkeeper had everyting ready to go at the fireplace, making it very easy for us to start a cozy fire each night. Each morning, we woke up to the smell of a fantastic breakfast being cooked by the innkeepers which were DELICICOUS! Dianne and Tim (the owners/innkeepers) were wonderful hosts. It is obvious that they take so much care and pride in their business and want to give their customers 5 star service. I HIGHLY recommend staying here, it is worth every penny. We cannot wait to go back!

georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I enjoy short trips to North Georgia in the fall but have always found it difficult to find a great place to spend the night. Staying at Long Mountain Lodge ended that dilemma. We had a comfortable suite with very convenient parking. The breakfast each day was wonderful and the snacks were great too. I made sure to purchase the Innkeeper's cookbook so I can try to recreate some of those delicious dishes. The Lodge is in a good location with nice views. It was easy to take quick trips to the wineries and to nearby towns for fresh apples and pumpkins. I'm not sure if any of the rooms have a king bed, but I think they are all queen. It would have been great to have a king sized bed and a larger shower but otherwise our stay was perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Long Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!