“Great view, lousy tour” 3 of 5 stars

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Great view, lousy tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great view. The tour is so boring. The tour guy is inconsiderate. Facilities are not family oriented. The stairs is dark and narrow. The tour guy disappeared quickly. He did not wait for us, while we were taking out my son from the stroller. My husband went ahead to catch up with them. I fell off the stairs with my son. Lucily, we are OK. But it ruined our experience. We went to frog town winery, which is more family oriented and fun.

Visited May 2013
Lindsey S, General Manager at Wolf Mountain Vineyards & Winery, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Anita-

Thank you for visiting our winery and for taking the time to let us know about your concerns. We will definitely look into adding additional lighting on the stairway leading down to the winery as you noted that you missed a step because of that reason. As for the winery tour not being family oriented, it is really not meant to be, but we should have told you that when you signed up. We apologize if you felt the tour guide was inconsiderate. When I spoke to Stephen who guided your tour this past Saturday, he did wait for a few minutes for you, but in the interest of the others in the group decided to move onto the cellar. We do not want anyone to feel like they have not been treated well as exuding southern hospitality is our main goal at Wolf Mountain. We again apologize that you left our winery with that feeling.

Sincerely-
Lindsey Smith

Lafayette, Louisiana
15 attraction reviews
“Ho humm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The property is gorgeous. The food at the cafe was delish. BUT, I was not impressed by the wine. It was ok. Our palates preferred 3 sisters. With that said, it was still an enjoyable experience to sit outside and enjoy the views while eating good food. I especially loved the candles sold in their gift shop that were cased in upcycled WMV bottles :)

Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went to the vineyard for dinner. It included a 4 course meal and wine tasting. The food was delicious, the wine amazing, and the views spectacular. You won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Georgia Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you haven't been here yet, make the effort. This is a beautiful estate in a spectacular setting where they produce and bottle their own wine. It's very young wine but as good as any other New World wine. There is an magnificent restaurant with amazing views, log fires and a show kitchen. We were too early for lunch and the restaurant is seasonal so call ahead. In summer you will want to sit outside on the terrace. The estate is family owned and personally run by the father. I loved the whole experience, the young girl who escorted us around being the daughter of the owner, and I shall go back. Having seen vineyards from the Cape to Europe, Australia and South America, this one will stand out in my memory.

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful views, busy yet organized tasting area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wolf Mountain was our groups 3rd stop. It was by far the busiest and had the most beautiful view. It felt odd to pay for our tasting prior to tasting and also to pay for a glass prior to drinking but I think they must have to do that due to the volume of people they serve. I enjoyed all the wines except the first one which was a sweet wine. I prefer reds and whites. Our group seemed to enjoy them all. A few bottles of sparkling were purchased. The staff pouring was extremely knowledgeable about the wines and the history of Wolf Mtn. One of the staff took a picture of our group in the barrel room using 4 separate cameras. So nice and unexpected! We had a great time. Also a few years ago my brother got married here so I ate here then. The food was great!!

Visited April 2013