“Cedar House Rules!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar House Inn & Yurts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Cedar House Inn & Yurts
6463 Highway 19 N, Dahlonega, GA 30533   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, GA
“Cedar House Rules!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

It wa great. The owners were wonderful. We toured the property with the owners and it was educational, interesting and entertaining!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

When I found the Cedar House Inn online and read that it had Yurts to sleep in I was so excited! I have had friends tell me to try a yurt because you sleep so well in them. The area is beautiful and Mary Beth and Fred are perfect hosts. They are very sociable and know the area. They even had warm cookies and hot tea when we arrived! Yum! The Inn is cozy, charming and secluded in the woods! The Yurt was comfortable, like being home and we did sleep very well. We had our own private bath at the back of the house that we could use with our own key. Mary Beth and Fred helped us find a great winery to visit and a local mountain to climb called Preacher's Rock! Great view. The breakfast was incredible! Mary Beth is quite a cook. Home made french toast with an incredible peach sauce, mixed fresh fruit, veggie sausage, OJ, hot tea and coffee. Great way to start the day! I highly recommend this Inn as a great place to stay for the weekend or a couple of days as great getaway!

Room Tip: Try the Yurt! It was a great choice!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over night for a weekend getaway from Atlanta. We stayed in the Cherokee Suite, which was clean, spacious and quiet. This bed and breakfast is conveniently located near all the wineries, and a short drive from downtown Dahlonega. We were also close enough to drive into the National Forests for some day hiking. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. There was homemade chai and cookies waiting for us when we checked in (incredible) and breakfast was fresh fruit, blueberry french toast and vegetarian sausage. This was my first visit to a bed and breakfast and I was really pleased. The owners were friendly, but kept a comfortable and appropriate distance. We will defiantly return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and stayed at the Cedar House Inn & Yurts. We could not have asked for a better experience! The innkeepers, Mary Beth and Fred were so helpful and interesting to chat with! Fred, at our request, gave us a tour of their permaculture additions to the property and answered all of our questions. The B&B itself is really cool, our room (The Cardinal Suite) was immaculately clean and inviting. The decor is rustic, but not cutesy in any way. Beautiful art on the walls and has a lodge feel with a bit of whimsy. Lots of areas to lounge and relax, both indoors and out---we especially enjoyed the covered porch. Breakfasts were AWESOME and cookies/tea/coffee out and available all afternoon to nosh if you need to....I will recommend to all of our friends and we will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

This was our first experience at a B&B and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The house was unique and extremely pleasant. We enjoyed talking with Fred and Mary Beth, and felt very much at home. The location was perfect for our activities - a couple days of hiking, and another in Dahlonega. I will certainly recommend the Cedar House Inn to my friends traveling to that area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
work
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Our activities (MTB, hiking, camping, climbing) usually require long trips out of downtown Atlanta so this birthday weekend was a treat: great trails right outside the front door! My boyfriend and I have some experience with permaculture (and yurts) so I was thrilled to see this listing online. This B&B is enormously charming (NOT cutesy!), spotlessly clean and a welcome respite from the standard fare. We stayed in the Chickadee Room but will be back to stay in the yurts; they are well constructed and as nicely outfitted as the rooms (I didn't realize they are heated so don't hesitate to go during this mild Winter). Breakfast is amazing! All vegetarian (vegan on request) the combinations were perfect and perfectly executed: I think the quiche with Swiss cheese and facon was the best quiche I've ever had!-other delectables were cream cheese stuffed French toast with blueberries, potato-vegetable scramble, fresh fruits and muffins-all fabulous! Usually my boyfriend has to get another meal in before we bike or hike but we ran all day on these breakfasts! And in the afternoon: be sure to have the homemade chai tea (far better than the commercial stuff) and home baked cookies...just amazing touches. The real treats, by far, are the providers of all this goodness: Fred and Mary Beth really made the weekend special! Though we were there for the trails, I think we could have spent the whole day talking and sharing ideas. Fred has singlehandedly transformed barren property in to edible gardens and whimsical living space with, of course, an emphasis on recycling, renewal and sustainability. Even if you have no interest in gardening yourself; take the tour and see how we can begin to feed ourselves in a healthier manner; for us and the planet. Speaking of feeding: Mary Beth will share her recipes and tips generously and you will feel wonderful after her thoughtful, loving meals. Everything made for a picture perfect weekend-thank you!

Room Tip: The Chickadee Room has a large soffit light; you'll see the sun come up but if you're there...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Chickadee Room @ Cedar House Inn this past weekend. It was our first B&B experience and it exceeded all expectations. Mary Beth & Fred were wonderful hosts - very friendly and helpful with ideas of what to do around town- but still gave us space to relax and do our own thing. Mary Beth was a fabulous cook! One of the reasons their B&B looked so appealing to me was because I saw on her website that they both live a vegetarian, eco-friendly lifestyle. If anything I would go back for the breakfasts alone though! :) Fred was very sweet and showed us around the property and explained the art of permaculture to us. We plan to return someday and stay in their yurts when it gets warmer. All and all we had a wonderful visit in Dahlonega and Mary Beth and Fred made our stay that much more special. Thank you! :D
xoxo
Valerie & Ryan

Room Tip: Chickadee Room was very comfortable with an outside door to the room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cedar House Inn & Yurts? Share your experiences!